Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:New Forums - if you experience any problems, please e-mail [email protected]

W.B.YEATS DELIVERY IS DELAYED

(Read 28984 times)

Niall

No not until next week. She has to receive bunkers and the Flensburg Port Authority do not have a departure date for her.

Chef

Will it be here for Christmas Daddy , will it will it ,please please .

A83

Will it be here for Christmas Daddy , will it will it ,please please .
In light of IF's fondness for Irish literary names for their ships perhaps WB Yeats should be renamed 'Waiting for Godot' .

giftgrub

March was mentioned on one of the Facebook sites last night, seems like something has gone wrong during sea trials  as the lack of a timetable at this stage for all French routes means they are not sure of having it in the New Year.

Worst case scenario would they not schedule Oscar Wilde crossings from Rosslare and sell those tickets anyway, then when WB arrives start selling them tickets.

Steven

March was mentioned on one of the Facebook sites last night, seems like something has gone wrong during sea trials  as the lack of a timetable at this stage for all French routes means they are not sure of having it in the New Year.

Worst case scenario would they not schedule Oscar Wilde crossings from Rosslare and sell those tickets anyway, then when WB arrives start selling them tickets.
March is when she is expected to start on the France route, which was always the case for 2019, so I assume someone has got their wires crossed somewhere along the line. - she was never supposed to be sailing to France in January or February  Hardly surprising given all the rumours, speculation, and people stating facts which are far from it going about.  Someone on another Facebook group has posted she will be operational on the Holyhead route from the 27th, which I personally find doubtful.  After all, she's to get to Ireland first then undergo crew training/familiarisation, berthing trials, any regulatory inspections needed, etc.  Less than 3 weeks to do all that with the Christmas holidays also interfering sounds like a big ask to me!

I had heard they are still finishing off the interior spaces.  Whether that's true or not I haven't a clue!  Also worth remembering that just because a vessel has had sea trials it doesn't mean the vessel is complete, or problem free either.  FSG themselves have admitted to having technical "challenges" in the design and construction of her after all - they freely admit that she is a big step up for them (which no doubt is how ICG got such an attractive price).
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Chef

W B Yeats gantry crane in operation today taking  on supply containers . Either putting it trough it's paces or taking on supplies for the trip home .

munchkin

For anyone who hasn't being following it, the folks at the german ship enthusiast forum believe that WB Yeats is to leave Flensburg on Sunday morning, first to go to a dry dock for the hull to be dolled up a bit (pretty much 1:1 translation of the text in German!) and then to Liverpool for final fitting out work. 

Wheres its going.... we need to pay attention to the AIS info at the weekend to find that out !

The source seems to be reliable as they predicted the ship adjacent to WB Yeats would be moving from its position this morning, and indeed that's exactly what happened.
http://31.209.185.102/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=450333

Chef

I watched the RO/RO being moved this morning across and down the harbour . A heavy lift crane ( Gulliver ) arrived this morning  , and the first superstructure section for the Barfleur is arriving on Friday . Barfleur's hull is expected to be launched on Friday . I expect they will start lifting the superstructure into place right away . Lets hope they got their measurements correct this time .

Niall

The new BF ship is HONFLEUR

conor

AIS showing tugs Holtenau and Stein around the WB Yeats. Possibly will be those two tugs that will assist her on Sunday

conor

She's moving now

Niall

Being moved to the other side of the outfitting pier I'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if she'll be gone by Saturday

Chef

The new BF ship is HONFLEUR
Sorry about that , what was i thinking .

marsav68

For anyone who hasn't being following it, the folks at the german ship enthusiast forum believe that WB Yeats is to leave Flensburg on Sunday morning, first to go to a dry dock for the hull to be dolled up a bit (pretty much 1:1 translation of the text in German!) and then to Liverpool for final fitting out work. 

Wheres its going.... we need to pay attention to the AIS info at the weekend to find that out !

The source seems to be reliable as they predicted the ship adjacent to WB Yeats would be moving from its position this morning, and indeed that's exactly what happened.
http://31.209.185.102/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=450333

Addicted to that camera stream now!  ;D