Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:New Forums - if you experience any problems, please e-mail [email protected]

W.B.YEATS DELIVERY IS DELAYED

(Read 20987 times)

The insider

I will be there for the protest and hopefully alot more

Chef

I will be there for the protest and hopefully alot more
Well you should be easy to spot , you'll probably be the sole protester . By the way what will you be protesting about ?

The insider

Irish Ferries use of cheap foreign labour .Dont forget Irish Ferries put an end to the irish seafarer a long and proud irish merchant navy and Irish Ferries wiped out the last of it .Local jobs on both sides of the Irish sea and decent pay would be a positive thing

Kieran

• Administrator
Mod note
Threads go off topic, but i'm not sure the downfall of the Irish Merchant Navy is relevant to the delivery of W.B Yates. If you want to discuss (please do, it's fascinating, specially Irish Shippings history and sudden liquidation), please start a separate thread.

Steven

Well looks like the paint brushes are out in force today on the port side .

Yes.  Not quite time to get the champagne out but getting closer!  Letís hope thereís no further setbacks!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

munchkin

Well looks like the paint brushes are out in force today on the port side .

Yes.  Not quite time to get the champagne out but getting closer!  Letís hope thereís no further setbacks!
blue containers were loaded onto her this afternoon, so could be a sign that they are getting ready to leave port again.

I presume when they do get underway that they'll take the Kiel Canal to save going the long way round Denmark.
There'll be good pictures from that journey !

IFPete

Is she going to Odense for Scrubbers first ? Alf Pollock has just vacated the drydock there.
Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:00:32 PM by IFPete

brainferry

Sailing from Dublin to Cherbourg on Oscar Wilde at 16.00 today. Back following day.
Quick trip to E Leclerc........
61st time on board.
First time ever from Dublin to France and likely the last time on Oscar Wilde.
61 return crossings x premium cabin (plus speedy exit) I should own part of the ship by now ?
Will be sad to see her go but really looking forward to WB Yeats ( and even more expensive premium cabins )

marthyrarth

Also been thinking of doing a mini cruise from Dublin to Cherbourg on OW, and then maybe WBY next year.

Can find fares for about £120 for basic cabin but above car deck which is two nights on board and some little time in Cherbourg.

Cabins look a little dated to me, and I wonder if all facilities will be open on ship as it must be fairly quiet.  Also I will have to go Holyhead to Dublin first which is An extra cost and not all Holyhead sailings accept footies - but not sure why.

Maybe IF cold offer Dublin Cherbourg mini cruise with a connection from Holyhead for say £10 return.  after all they would get the money spent on board.

brainferry

We do the mini cruise to Cherbourg 2 or 3 times every year as late as mid December and shops, bars, restaurants are open. Not all the bars but everything is available. Best time to go. No queues .....

A83

Made this trip 3 weeks ago. It was a really nice voyage. Great views of the sun setting behind the Wicklow mountains. Berneval restaurant was closed. Steak bar and cafeteria were open though.

alfie79

so do you reckon in 2019 no more Oscar Wilde in IF colours
Sailing from Dublin to Cherbourg on Oscar Wilde at 16.00 today. Back following day.
Quick trip to E Leclerc........
61st time on board.
First time ever from Dublin to France and likely the last time on Oscar Wilde.
61 return crossings x premium cabin (plus speedy exit) I should own part of the ship by now ?
Will be sad to see her go but really looking forward to WB Yeats ( and even more expensive premium cabins )

brainferry

Just 1small bar open tonight.
Hardly 50 passengers on board.
Still smiling faces on all the usual great staff and crew.
Just love this mini cruise .
Hope WB Yeats continues.
Amyone stayed in the Stena Horizon 5 star cabins ?

Davy Jones

Was Oscar Wilde ever in IF colours?

ccs

I was gonna write that we did a mini cruise on OW  a few years ago but now that I've checked it out it was in fact 10 years ago-[ It was over the October weekend in 2008 departing Rosslare Sunday at 6pm. The ship layed over in Cherbourg on Monday night so we sailed back late on Tuesday. The ship had just completed her first full season in IF service and she was in great nick after being refurbished before entry into service. We stayed in a premium cabin with a great view over the bow and had great weather on both legs. The ship was quiet but all facilities were open.