Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:Welcome to the Irish Ferries Enthusiasts forum.

W.B.YEATS DELIVERY IS DELAYED

(Read 21007 times)

Steven

The compensation limits are determined by EU.

In my case i mist my connection with Luftansa and had to spend the night on a bench at the airport,

I got nothing because Luftansa said it was the air traffic control delayed the flight. There were hundreds of people in Frankfurt in a similar situation.
ATC is a favourite excuse of Ryanair as well I believe.  But at the end of the day if you don't try, you don't get.  Flights are covered by separate legislation btw.

Rumours  going  around  that Yeats is way off completion. ..someone  got all the measurements  for the accommodation  all mixed ...and it's up to a meter off
82cm apparently  ;)

This isn't a new rumour by any stretch.  Its what some of us heard (from several independent sources) when the further delays were announced.  However I doubt anyone is going to be willing to confirm if it is true.  It would certainly account for the large additional delay, and if true wouldn't necessarily mean the 'official' explanation for the delay is totally inaccurate either (quite feasible things might need replaced as a result).

Which brings me nicely to this.  Since I've been getting questions about compensation from affected customers of WB YEATS, ULYSSES, and EPSILON I have published a handy guide to the rules on compensation due to delay or cancellation of a ferry crossing.  The ferry companies will probably hate me for it, but its nothing they don't bury in their terms and conditions anyway!  Posting here as I know a number of concerned passengers read this forum.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/ferry-delay-cancellation-compensation/

They'll need a lot of silicone to fill that gap   :D

Thanks for the compensation guide.

I suspect it might take a bit more than some silicone lol.

No problem, it was something which was being added to the site anyway, but with the current issues at IF is also topical.  At the end of the day if people don't know they can claim, they won't ,and if they don't claim they have no chance of any compensation at all.  The ferry companies won't be bending over backwards to make sure they do, thats for sure!
Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:15:01 AM by Steven
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Work on WB Yeats electrical system ongoing over weekend.

The ship externally looks close to completion and hopefully sea trials during August.

Steven

Work on WB Yeats electrical system ongoing over weekend.

The ship externally looks close to completion and hopefully sea trials during August.
Shame we canít easily see inside.

IFPete

it would be great to be a fly on the wall.

Davy Jones

Looks like the latest build at the Flensburger shipyard is about to hit the water. Painting appears finished, she's dressed up (sort of) and the Dais is in place.

Parking may be a problem outside.

IFPete

New build launched. Hopefully the two ships on the pier will be going on sea trials soon.

Brittany Ferries next for construction???

Steven

New build launched. Hopefully the two ships on the pier will be going on sea trials soon.

Brittany Ferries next for construction???
Keel laying scheduled for tomorrow ;).

A83

Any news on the WB Yeats? I note that the lower part of the superstructure is still covered with plastic or netting of some sort. She does not look like she is ready to move anytime soon?

IFPete

The plastic is covering an emergency walkway at the front of the superstructure.

This will take about a day to remove after this area is spray painted. There is also a workshop on the stern ramp.

There is steady work on the ship with workers coming and going monday to saturday with fork lifts going in and out of the bow ramp removing scafolding etc. The cherry pickers have not been in evidence this week. At dusk you can see inside the car decks with the internal lighting. 

When i visited Flemsburg on 23rd July they were testing the engines.

At that time the Lifeboats had yet to be installed.

My guess is delivery mid september unless there is another delay yet to be announced which from a reputational perspective should be unlikely.
Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:59:50 PM by IFPete

giftgrub

Some new images of the W B Yeats on the link below

https://www.lebateaublog.fr/2018/08/16/w-b-yeats-au-chantier-fsg/

Originally posted here

https://bfenthusiasts.com/bfe/topic/10848-irish-ferries-announce-newbuild-for-ukirelandfrance/?page=14

Looks can be deceiving but doubt we will see it arrive in Ireland next month. (Hopefully I am wrong)

They could have missed a trick with the stern windows, if they are cabins, could have added balconies and charged a nice premium.

Will be interesting to see how the FSG bow profile performs in the heavy seas crossing to France, also what modifications will be made to the Georgie Burgess (IF new ship 2) based on the experience with this build.

Still think given the contract price that the shipyard are not paying Irish Ferries a penalty clause for late delivery, compared to the contract price for the Honfleur and TT Line twins, IF have got this one at a very good price.

giftgrub

Some more images of the W B Yeats incl interior on shipspotting.com

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/search.php?search_imo=9809679

Posted this evening on the Facebook.

Interesting to see the next two ships that were built in FSG alongside WB and knowing that BF newbuild Honfleur is being constructed in building hall.

Hopefully they have sent all subcontractors to B&Q to purchase tape measures and they have agreed to measure in either mms or inches this time !!!!!!

Liam

According to the irish times an Industry source said The W.B Yeats will not arrive until early October

Jamie1608

Canít find any news regarding the delay

jgf

It is all gone very quiet is WB actually going to appear in October?