Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:Welcome to the Irish Ferries Enthusiasts forum.

Oscar Wilde sale agreed

(Read 4682 times)

ferryfan

Some chat now that the OW will be replacing the Kriti 1 which is on a one year charter to GNV (from SNAV) at a cost of 20k per day.

hhvferry

Some chat now that the OW will be replacing the Kriti 1 which is on a one year charter to GNV (from SNAV) at a cost of 20k per day.
Kriti I is chartered from ANEK. I'd find that a surprising switch TBH - certainly the Civitavecchia-Termini route probably needs the Kriti's rather more substantial freight capacity more whereas the OW is better suited to a tourist route.

ferryfan

Kriti I is chartered from ANEK. I'd find that a surprising switch TBH - certainly the Civitavecchia-Termini route probably needs the Kriti's rather more substantial freight capacity more whereas the OW is better suited to a tourist route.
Getting my acronyms in a tangle!

alfie79

any ideas when OW is due to leave for the Med?

with rosslare getting upgrade and new road being built i wonder will we see  WB doing dub-cherbourg/rosslare-cherbourg
afterall she have berthing trials there

ire- france has come a long way from st patrick 117m long 5000ton ferry to st killian 2 and st patrick 2 to normandy and oscar wilde up to 55000ton 195 m long giant
Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:02:34 PM by alfie79

Cillian

She has just left Belfast, Due in Genoa on the 7th May.

RADER593

has  it change it imo  n\o cant see any more on my fav list

Steven

has  it change it imo  n\o cant see any more on my fav list
That would be a first!

For those interested there some pics of Oscar leaving Belfast here https://www.niferry.co.uk/in-pictures-former-irish-ferries-ferry-oscar-wilde-leaves-belfast-for-italy/
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Chef

Oscar Wilde has now arrived in the Med , passed Gibraltar this afternoon (Sun)

ferryfan

OW has arrived in Genoa. She is berthed alongside Le Rif (Stena Galloway) and there are a number of shipyards on the quayside.

IFPete

Interesting to see how they transform her.

Steven

Oscar Wilde is currently undergoing repainting.  She will be renamed GNV Allegra before entering service on the 25th between Genoa and Olbia.  Some pics on NIFS for those interested.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/oscar-wilde-to-be-renamed-gnv-allegra/
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

Finally gets a white hull to match the photo shopped publicity image released by IF when they bought it !