Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:Welcome to the Irish Ferries Enthusiasts forum.

Irish Ferries Fleet movements

(Read 412303 times)

ccs

To be fair it would be a lot more frustrating for people if they put “seats” on sale and kept cancelling them (again)!

Completely agree. Whilst I'd like to book today I'd prefer to be sure and not have to change plans. 

jgf

as mentioned Dublin Port closed for a while this morning Ulysses has just  departed.

Oscar Wilde to Cherbourg cancelled

Isle of innishmore cancelled for tomorrow daytime.

jgf

Ulysses and Adventurer both  took a very scenic route to Holyhead this afternoon.  taking almost 6 hours must be rough out there.

Epsilon running around 2.5 hours late.

Inishmore cancelled tonight ex Rosslare. 

A83

Final report into Epsilon crossing during Storm Imogen in 2016

http://www.mcib.ie/reports.7.html?r=218

http://www.mcib.ie/_fileupload/Documents/reports/mcib-258-mv-epsilon/2018-11-29-02-56-Epsilon%207-18_Redacted%20%20for%20the%20website%2028%20Nov.pdf

As far as I recall Stena Horizon went out a little earlier that night and sheltered in Torbay until the storm blew over. It would be interesting to know the decision making process of the Master of the Horizon.

munchkin

On the booking system theres a sailing from France to Ireland with Epsilon on the 23rd(Dublin), 28th and 30th of December (Rosslare!) but no corresponding sailings from Ireland to France the day before.
Has anyone an idea of whats going on there ?
They are hardly running from Ireland to France 3 times completely empty ? Its not scheduled on any Irish sea Runs either.

RorieLen

Final report into Epsilon crossing during Storm Imogen in 2016

http://www.mcib.ie/reports.7.html?r=218

http://www.mcib.ie/_fileupload/Documents/reports/mcib-258-mv-epsilon/2018-11-29-02-56-Epsilon%207-18_Redacted%20%20for%20the%20website%2028%20Nov.pdf

As far as I recall Stena Horizon went out a little earlier that night and sheltered in Torbay until the storm blew over. It would be interesting to know the decision making process of the Master of the Horizon.

It was the Stena Flavia as she was providing refit cover for the Stena Horizon at that stage.

ferryfan

All IF sailings to Holyhead cancelled due to weather. I wonder if Ulysses is still nursing some problem. Adventurer left about an hour late this morning and is expected to make her return on time but is cancelled tonight.

Cillian

All IF sailings to Holyhead cancelled due to weather. I wonder if Ulysses is still nursing some problem. Adventurer left about an hour late this morning and is expected to make her return on time but is cancelled tonight.
I would think she is as this is what the website was posting

Irish Ferries regrets to advise that due to adverse weather conditions on the Irish Sea, the 08:05hrs Ulysses sailing is cancelled.

All passengers will be accommodated on an alternative sailing departing terminal 2 at 08:10hrs, latest check in 07:00hrs @ terminal 2

There is no need to call at this time. However if this option is not suitable, please contact one of our offices as follows:

Irish Ferries Dublin Port: 01 - 607 5519 (05:15hrs - 21:15hrs).
Irish Ferries Contact Centre: 0818 300 400 (08:00hrs - 19:00hrs Mon-Fri. 08:00hrs - 16:00hrs Sat).
Irish Ferries Rosslare Port: 053 91 33158 (06:30hrs - 21:00hrs).

Irish Ferries apologises for any inconvenience caused by this disruption.

Superfast X seems to be the most reliable this year

Niall

I see Epsilon dissaperars off the IF schedule after Dec 29

Steven

I would think she is as this is what the website was posting

Irish Ferries regrets to advise that due to adverse weather conditions on the Irish Sea, the 08:05hrs Ulysses sailing is cancelled.

All passengers will be accommodated on an alternative sailing departing terminal 2 at 08:10hrs, latest check in 07:00hrs @ terminal 2

There is no need to call at this time. However if this option is not suitable, please contact one of our offices as follows:

Irish Ferries Dublin Port: 01 - 607 5519 (05:15hrs - 21:15hrs).
Irish Ferries Contact Centre: 0818 300 400 (08:00hrs - 19:00hrs Mon-Fri. 08:00hrs - 16:00hrs Sat).
Irish Ferries Rosslare Port: 053 91 33158 (06:30hrs - 21:00hrs).

Irish Ferries apologises for any inconvenience caused by this disruption.

Superfast X seems to be the most reliable this year

Irish Ferries cancelled most sailings tbh, not just Ulysses!  if Ulysses being cancelled suggests a problem then Inishmore and Epsilon must also have problems by that logic!

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

looks like the whole fleet is having technical issues again  ;)

Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:47:52 AM by Steven

Steven

On the booking system theres a sailing from France to Ireland with Epsilon on the 23rd(Dublin), 28th and 30th of December (Rosslare!) but no corresponding sailings from Ireland to France the day before.
Has anyone an idea of whats going on there ?
They are hardly running from Ireland to France 3 times completely empty ? Its not scheduled on any Irish sea Runs either.

According to Irish Ferries freight she sails out from Dublin on the 27th and back to Rosslare on the 28th.  She then does Rosslare - Cherbourg - Rosslare on the 29th and 30th.  Perhaps something to do with her trade car contract and low bookings from other sources?  Bit strange.

Irishexplorer

I see Epsilon dissaperars off the IF schedule after Dec 29

It was schedulled to operate from Dublin to Cherbourg on the 29th, but this has been cancelled and will now operate from Rosslare.  As far as I can tell it will go from Dublin on the 27th to Cherbourg, then to Rosslare on the 28th, and back to Cherbourg on the 29th, but after that, nothing is showing.  It seems that the Epsilon has been moved to Rosslare to make a berth available at Dublin for the YB Yeats.