Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Author Topic: Irish Ferries Fleet movements  (Read 368983 times)

IFPete

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Irish Ferries Fleet movements
« Reply #1335 on: July 30, 2018, 09:25:40 PM »
Her time keeping keeping appears to have improved as the crew got used to handling her.

I guess the current stoppage may have been an opportunity to give the crew a rest and sort out some overdue maintenance. I would love to see if she will go to sea in 3 metre plus swell.

I notice Swift travelled to Holyhead this morning and back , however the epsilon covered the afternoon sailing.
Epsilon is now doing an extra sailing on monday afternoon after return from Cherbourg. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:35:12 PM by IFPete »

ferryman972411

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 31, 2018, 01:32:34 AM »
Personally I donít think it Irish Ferries were that lucky and that the return of Ulysses and cancellation of Swift coincided. I think they cancelled (not due to weather) to give her a few days off after being so heavily loaded

Steven

• View Profile
    • NI Ferry Site
« Reply #1337 on: July 31, 2018, 06:40:46 AM »
If EPSILON can cover for Swift on the last week of July Iíd say it isnít worth running swift in the first place to be honest, given EPSILONís passenger capacity and that the whole point of the swift service is about moving passengers!  This is the time of year the swift service should really be earning its keep.  If sheís not being covered by a basic Ropax because sheís unable to operate for whatever reason, then passenger numbers mustnít be looking too good! 

In any case, I highly doubt commercially minded ICG just pulled one of their vessels off for the hell of it when theyíve just been forced to hand much of their custom to their largest competitor for a month!!!  Iím sure the shareholders would be delighted.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1338 on: July 31, 2018, 04:46:09 PM »
This was a relatively quiet week, Next weekend will be different with Bank Holiday in ROI.

ferryman972411

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 31, 2018, 06:04:04 PM »
If EPSILON can cover for Swift on the last week of July Iíd say it isnít worth running swift in the first place to be honest, given EPSILONís passenger capacity and that the whole point of the swift service is about moving passengers!  This is the time of year the swift service should really be earning its keep.  If sheís not being covered by a basic
 Ropax because sheís unable to operate for whatever reason, then passenger numbers mustnít be looking too good!

In any case, I highly doubt commercially minded ICG just pulled one of their vessels off for the hell of it when theyíve just been forced to hand much of their custom to their largest competitor for a month!!!  Iím sure the shareholders would be delighted.

It doesnít cost them any money at all to cancel the Swift and in fact saves them money as passenger donít get refunded for being moved off the swift onto the Ulysses or Epsilon and they are saving on running costs! After the last couple of weeks theyíre probably looking to save money, so if everyone can be accommodated on Ulysses it makes sense to cancel the Swift

IFPete

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1340 on: July 31, 2018, 09:24:37 PM »
Swift Cancellation generates a Euro 40 voucher on the account booked. its a nice touch considering the cancellations are weather related.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:31:40 PM by IFPete »

Fast Ferry Fan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1341 on: July 31, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »
Swift Cancellation generates a Euro 40 voucher on the account booked. its a nice touch considering the cancellations are weather related.

My recollection was that the refund I received when it was cancelled equated to the difference between the additional cost of the Swift compared to the cruise ferry at the time of booking that we were transferred to.  I recall being quite impressed that they had recorded the information, but perhaps it was just chance.

In some instances Swift can be substantially more (presumably because she is nearly full) so it would be unfair to only give a credit of Ä40.

I suspect last Friday's cancellation of the Swift might have been more closely related to giving the crews a rest than weather related.  I also suspect there are absolutely no delighted IFG shareholders, and they will will be looking for some answers at the next shareholders meeting.  Bookings must have been a well down while Ulysses was away and deeply discounted fares (30% off and free child places) are now trying to recover some of the lost business and fill up capacity.

Steven

• View Profile
    • NI Ferry Site
« Reply #1342 on: August 01, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
This was a relatively quiet week, Next weekend will be different with Bank Holiday in ROI.
Why bother at all with the swift on anything but bank holidays then? 🙄
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Webmaster of www.niferry.co.uk
Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1343 on: August 02, 2018, 11:59:11 PM »
They will need everything they have available this weekend

Ncol

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 10, 2018, 06:01:44 AM »
Folks, not sure whether Iím posting in the right place?

Iím traveling on Adventurer on a day trip with the nephew soon enough, was wondering if Anyone has any advice on arranging a bridge visit?

Thanks in advance
N