Irish Ferries Enthusiasts | Forum

Your guide to Ireland's ferry services

News:New Forums - if you experience any problems, please e-mail [email protected]

Irish Ferries Fleet movements

(Read 451992 times)

Niall

WB Yeats will be calling to Rosslare tomorrow afernoon on her way to Dublin from Cherbourg

conor

WB Yeats will be calling to Rosslare tomorrow afernoon on her way to Dublin from Cherbourg
Yes it seems a bit strange if u ask me. IF recently said that it's unlikely that they will be operating a Rosslare to France route in 2019. I know WB Yeats will be operating from Dublin so I don't see the point in going in going into Rosslare tomorrow unless they have future plans to have her running from there.

A83

Yes it seems a bit strange if u ask me. IF recently said that it's unlikely that they will be operating a Rosslare to France route in 2019. I know WB Yeats will be operating from Dublin so I don't see the point in going in going into Rosslare tomorrow unless they have future plans to have her running from there.

I wonder might she relieve Isle of Inishmore for her refit if OW is sold?

conor

SEA

World war Three Breaks out on Facebook over possible -definate  Rosslare france sailings finishing
https://www.facebook.com/IrishFerriesOfficial/
Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:40:41 PM by SEA

jgf

With regard to the much speculated continued issues with ULYSSES, another rumour doing the rounds is that after the report into the EPSILON incident came out Irish Ferries cannot get insurance to sail in adverse weather.  Take that how you wish, but it could explain why they seem to be cancelling everything including Inishmore when Stena and the others sail on with much fewer cancellations.  So much for Adventurer not being able to berth in Holyhead without ULYSSES for shelter!

Surely any proper ferry company cannot operate with an insurance difficulty like this, if true. IF will have to stump a higher insurance premium.
it really has been a bad year for them and I suppose off loading Oscar Wilde will help in one way but looking at bookface its not going down too well

IFPete

WB Yeats might be carrying new cars to Rosslare???

jgf

if the rumors are true, then tomorrows sailing from Dublin could be Oscar Wildes final trip to Cherbourg.

conor

Would it make sense for IF to keep Oscar Wilde and run her seasonally from Rosslare to France when there is a demand. From October to March she can move up to Dublin and add capacity to the Dublin Holyhead route so that Epsilon can be on the France route for freight permanently during that period.

IFPete

Oscar Wilde Video and photos have been unlinked from Irish Ferries website.

conor

Oscar Wilde Video and photos have been unlinked from Irish Ferries website.
I've seen that as well. It just seems a shame to abandon the rosslare to France route. I been on OW many times over the years and whenever I have sailed she seems full.

giftgrub

A sad day as IF turn their back on the route that made them, many a time in Rosslare when Oscar and her predecessors arrived and always plenty of traffic coming off, car with bike racks and roof boxes nearly rubbing the ground so laden down from the trip to France.

Now they will arrive into Dublin Port and that utopia of empty road the M50, six glorious empty lanes of Motorway which lead to all corners of Ireland, traveling on the M50 is such a pleasure and the ease with which you can get from Dublin Port to anywhere in Ireland in unrivaled, I wish them all the best in the future.

However time will move on and now we will see what are TD’s are made from, the most useless Shane Ross and the Wexford Famous Five have but one job now, to get the finger out and give Rosslare Harbour the boost it needs

Remember it’s the shortest direct route to France
The fastest crossing from Ireland to UK

Extend Dublin Wexford motorway beyond Oylegate, what clown decided a motorway terminates before a village instead of after !
Make Rosslare a tier 1 port
Buy the available land in the Harbour and build the required inspection areas/ Lorry Park
Given special rates to new routes opening up eg Rosslare Roscoff
There is no reason why Rosslare cannot be given some help, the Dublin port tunnel cost €790 million euro to give direct access to the M50 for Dublin Port customers.

Sorry IF but today’s announcement should have been made months ago and to treat your customers and the Ports of Rosslare and Roscoff with contempt with an announcement that states you are “Unlikely “ to operate the route is quite simply disgraceful.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/1218/1017939-irish-ferries/

Cladyman

Will the new enniscorty by pass not go a long way to reducing/gaurentee ing the travel time? 

IFPete

Thats a disaster for Rosscolf and Brittany. I guess the rumours were write about Oscar Wildes sale.