Stena Adventurer has been a while in Falmouth. Is she having major work done?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Had text & emails fro BF Thursday afternoon to say Pont Aven sailing 1500 Friday (not 2030). Did some quick last minute shopping, and checked out of holiday accommodation early Friday. En route more info from BF to say now sailing even earlier and we did at 1400 French time. Not too bad a crossing as we ran ahead of the storm. A bit bumpy up until midnight, but docked in Ringaskiddy at 0230. We got a good night's sleep as embarkation didn't start until 0800. Home early. Didn't notice until later that those on IF Epsilon not so lucky. She sailed at 1630 Friday but anchored of Sidmouth until 0800 Saturday and not expected Dublin until 0800 on Sunday.
Going on thread title I just thought I'd add this in - Travelled late September on the WB to Cherbourg - the sailing was delayed both ways unfortunately by as much as 8 hours going out - It was only my second time on the WB Yeats but I have traveled to France frequently on the Oscar Wilde in the past. I have never experienced such a rough crossing, in all the times I've travelled and that includes winter storms. The ship just doesn't seem able to cope in high seas and there were literally items flying around the cabin - It looks like the WB Yeats has been taken off route from now until March, I wonder is it simply because the ship isn't suitable for this journey?