Strangely Familar

Started by Collision-course, March 11, 2009, 12:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collision-course

Another Cork classic the former B&I Innisfallen in its final days in service.

Collision-course

And here is the poor old Innisfallen being broken up on Alang Beach , India.

Collision-course

Here's a cheerier picture , the familar Normandy , and look whats behind her.

Collision-course

On the topic of the Normandy , here she is recently in her new role as floating accomaditation.

Collision-course

Of course the Normandy is the identical sister of the Stena Europe which is still in service but rumours persist about her being replaced by the Stena Nautica next year.

Collision-course

And the Normandy was herself the former Stena Normandy , can you tell which is which?

Collision-course

Now this was a right shock , I give you the 1948 built Innisfallen , rebuilt in Italy in the mid 70's as a car ferry and was in service until 2002!!!!

Collision-course

Could it be? it is , the former Swansea Cork Ferries Celtic Pride in her final days before scrapping at Alang.

Collision-course

This used to be the Koningin Beatrix that Stena Line operated on the Rosslare - Fishguard servive , it is still with Stena Line but has had a substantial rebuild since transferring to the Baltic , and had been renamed Stena Baltica. It was also once upon a time a former identical sister to the Val De Loire.

Collision-course

Another former Stena Line ship , the Former Stena Cambria which used to operate the Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead service.

Collision-course

And its former running mate , the former Stena Hibernia.

Collision-course

Another Stena ship , the Stena Nautica , the Former B&I Isle of Innisfree which is rumoured to be returning to Irish waters before too long.

Collision-course

And last , but certainly not least , the former Brittany Ferries Armorique awaits beaching at the breakers yard.

Kieran

QuoteNow this was a right shock , I give you the 1948 built Innisfallen , rebuilt in Italy in the mid 70's as a car ferry and was in service until 2002!!!!

Well done! I have been looking for one of her rebuild for years but to no avail...

QuoteAnd last , but certainly not least , the former Brittany Ferries Armorique awaits beaching at the breakers yard.

The poor ship is knackard and still has more class about her than most ships I can think of...

a2engineers

MV Munster Photo

Not the marina on the LEE as I know it!!

this photo is more like leaving the yard in Germany?