Strangely Familar

Started by Collision-course, March 11, 2009, 12:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collision-course

The following pictures are recent from www.shipspotting.com a site well worth a look , picture acreditation to come as they did'nt download with them and I'll have to re dig them out.
First up is the former Irish Ferries St Patrick II and one time Swansea Cork Ferries City Of Cork , in Canada.

Collision-course

Yes that is the former Irish Ferries Isle of Innisfree , currently on charter in New Zeland.

Collision-course

Another Cork regular the former Brittany Ferries Val De Loire in Norway I think.

Collision-course

The Nordlandica is an Identical sister to the proposed new Innisfallen.

Collision-course

Formerly a familar sight at Rosslare the former Stena Felicity.

Collision-course

This is a former identical sister of the former Irish Ferries St Killian II , before she was jumboised

Collision-course

Speaking of the St Killian II , she did'nt fare too well , here she is waiting to be beached at Alang ship dismantlers in India in 2007.

Collision-course

And the ship whose premature sale caused so much trouble , the former Swansea Cork Ferries Supperferry

Collision-course

And finally , a fimilar location , the former B&I line Munster in the late 70's , anyone want to guess where?

Kieran

Nice collection! Any idea how old that photo of Vancier is? She is looking really good in it...

QuoteAnd finally , a fimilar location , the former B&I line Munster in the late 70's , anyone want to guess where?

Liverpool Canal?

Collision-course

Liverpool? The Munster is making her way up the Lee along the Marina.

Kieran

QuoteLiverpool? The Munster is making her way up the Lee along the Marina.

Not even I know everything...

Collision-course

Here are a few more strangely familar vessels from the same site.
Next up the former Dublin - Liverpool Brave Merchant

Collision-course

The Cork built former B&I Connaght and later Brittany Ferries Duchesse Anne , a true Cork Classic.

Collision-course

And her identical sister the former B&I Leinster and later Irish Ferries Isle of Innismore and Isle of Innisturk , currently in Canada and working alongside the former St. Patrick II.