Awards for Irish Ferries?????

Started by ferryfan, November 29, 2018, 03:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryfan

Somehow and for reasons unclear( I am sure they know ) the Irish Travel Trade News has voted IF Best Ferry Company of 2018.
Hmm credibility vacuum.

jgf

I saw that and I thought it was Fake News!!

having tried Stena Line for the first time this year I have to say the fact they employee local would push me to using them more than Irish Ferries in future.  on every other area I cant really see any difference between the 2 companies.

As regards awards Stena Line had a great year reliability wise compared to IF so it is rather amusing to say the least.

ccs

Embarrassing. IF winning completely devalues the awards.

Steven

Quote from: ccs on November 29, 2018, 06:09:11 PM
Embarrassing. IF winning completely devalues the awards.
Somebody certainly disagrees.  People say the same when Stena win the NI award too.  I suppose you can't please all the people all of the time!

Perhaps the nominations were before this years shenanigans?
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

Perhaps it will make the OP feel better to know that P&O Ferries have picked up the Britsh Travel Awards award for best Ferry Operator for the 11th consecutive year.  They also picked up the award for best booking website somehow!  Having tried to make a booking through this website in the past I'm astounded to be quite frank.  Irish Ferries and Stena don't have perfect sites, but at least you can usually book what you want first time and don't have to ring up to use a special offer code because the website can't deal with such complexity!

Although it's a public vote, I note one of the 'partners' is P&O Ferries  https://www.britishtravelawards.com/partnersandsponsorsmessages.php#26 ::).  I'm not saying that rigs a public vote, but I don't think anyone else actively promotes their participation in these particular awards as much as P&O who even had a dedicated page on their website here www.poferries.com/en/vote-for-us-again which seems to have been taken down in the past few hours .  Perhaps Irish Ferries win the aforementioned award for the same reason - it's almost a one horse race as nobody else puts effort behind winning this particular 'accolade'?

I'm reminded of one of those Gordon Ramsay programs where he goes to an Indian restaurant which has won the British Curry Award x amount of times and proudly displays it in their window.  After some investigation he discovers that there is only ever one entrant in this particular British Curry Award as its something the owner made up!  Obviously I'm not saying this is the case with Irish Ferries, P&O, or anyone else for that matter but it does make you think about how easily we take claims and accolades at face value!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline