Bus catches fire on Holyhead Port loading ramp

Started by 20knots, February 11, 2015, 11:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

20knots

LiverpoolIrishLiam

This happened in the early hours of Wednesday morning. My aunt was travelling with Eurolines to Liverpool, on the 20:55 sailing from Dublin to Holyhead aboard Ulysses, and as the passengers were heading to the coaches to depart from the ferry, they could see a fire at the front of the ship, apparently caused by the connecting bow ramps on Ulysses berth ''burning out'' (that is what Irish Ferries told people on board anyway), my aunt told me. All passengers were sent back to reception on deck 9, and were told to wait until the fire was put out. In the end, Ulysses couldn't unload at her usual berth and had to move to the Stena Adventurer's berth, once Adventurer departed on her early morning sailing to Dublin. Ulysses 02:40am sailing to Dublin was delayed by three hours.

Davy Jones

Something not quite right there: Ulysses (and Adventurer) unload and load at the stern in Holyhead. I presume the lady was confused, given that the front of the vehicles were pointing to the rear.

LiverpoolIrishLiam

Technically it's my fault. I should have remember that Ulysses unloads at Holyhead from her stern, not her bow.