Stena Superfast X (image heavy)

Started by Steven, February 02, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cullyburn

A fairly unique event, it's a pity itdidn't happen in daylight to allow somebody to get a few pictures (Stephen ;)).
However, the AIS shows it clearly. :) :) :)

giftgrub

Could have been arranged for daylight as Superfast X has been making its way very slowly today from Scotland down the coast, Stena marketing probably missed a trick, as would have been easy to have all three sailing together for a photo shoot and would not have delayed passengers on VII and VIII too much.

Would have looked good

IFPete

It could still happen at some time in the future, perhaps in Belfast Lough

giftgrub

Quote from: IFPete on February 25, 2015, 09:59:06 PM
It could still happen at some time in the future, perhaps in Belfast Lough

Hopefully, though once in service it will not be until refit time they will get the chance to have them meet up. Looking forward to seeing it in Dublin bay in a few days time, should look good coming into Dublin port.

Davy Jones

Doesn't surprise me really! in the past, there have been a few occasions when all 3 HSS sisters were together in Belfast. That would have been a fantastic shot in it's day, if they'd have been bothered to set it up.

Steven

Easier and cheaper to do a photoshop of it I would imagine!  Theres also the problem of having such large vessels sailing close together I suppose. 

She looks to have been put through her paces on the way anyway, there was some weaving action going on last night.  No point in them putting the foot down to arrive early I guess.  If it had been likely to happen in daylight, its fair to say a few of us would have been onboard whatever sister left Belfast!

So who's going to be first to book a trip on her and post a voyage report then? ;)

Not long now, she should easily make the morning arrival time.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

LiverpoolIrishLiam

Does anybody have any pictures of Stena Superfast X at Holyhead?

Steven

LiverpoolIrishLiam

No, the links aren't working. Do you have the link to the ferries group you mentioned? I can't seem to find it when I search it through Google.

Steven

As we all know now, Stena Superfast X has arrived safe and sound at Holyhead.  She had berthing trials at Holyhead this morning following Nordica's 9am departure, and will do crew training/familiarisation, then MCA and joint EU drills at Holyhead over the next few days before she does anything else (including making her way to Dublin).  I'd say we are looking at her making her Dublin debut some time next week.

I have posted a link to some pics of her on Facebook in my post above for those interested.

Steven

Quote from: LiverpoolIrishLiam on February 26, 2015, 03:08:27 PM
No, the links aren't working. Do you have the link to the ferries group you mentioned? I can't seem to find it when I search it through Google.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ferriesirish/

You need to be a member of the group to access IIRC.  If you decide to join send me a pm on here with your Facebook name, as I'm an admin and will approve your membership request instantly instead of vetting you first ;).

Davy Jones

Quote from: Ajmadden123 on February 26, 2015, 08:22:23 PM
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/stena-lines-superfast-x-sails-8727913

Some pictures of the Superfast X in Holyhead this morning.

"It can travel at 30.4 knots (56.30 km/h) - slower than the 40 knots that the Stena Explorer, which was recently removed from the Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire route, could hit.

The ship will do the route over the Irish Sea in three hours and 15 minutes."

Probably explains why the "Making Good Time" logo is missing!  :D

ferryfan

Superfast X is scheduled to arrive in Dublin Port on the 3rd March at 23.15.

FerryMan

Ferry Master