Stena Superfast X (image heavy)

Started by Steven, February 02, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giftgrub

Stena Europe is unlikely to cover for Adventurer, it will be possibly freight cover  with Hibernia or  similar with Superfast X taking over Adventurer's roster.

Steven

Also, the HSS press release says SF X will be in service by the end of February :)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

When is Stena Adventurer due to do to H&W for drydocking.

Steven

Quote from: Steven on February 04, 2015, 07:05:36 PM
Adventurer had a major refit just over a year ago so she should be good.  Should she need dry docking, it'd be a quick in and out job taking a couple of days max.  Europe would probably be sufficient if the timing was right tbh (ie over the weekend).  There's always the option to switch X to adventurers roster to put the capacity in the right place as well.
Sorry, I must of got confused.  Adventurer is due a major dry dock this year.  However, I'm sure Stena can figure something out.  It's not like they are short of a vessel or 3, and it wouldn't be the first time cover has come from the Baltic either.  Time will tell I suppose, but VII and VIII will basically take Nordica up to the end of her current stint with Stena so far as I'm aware.

Normandy

If superfast was in Ireland around the 20 -24 February to take over the Adventurer till the superfast is due to take over from Nordica on 9 March and Nordica do the cover for the northern superfasts, would that we on the cards and would it fit in with what we here about superfast being nearly ready??

giftgrub

Stena Superfast X now exists, AIS has been changed and registered in UK.

Matt73

Thanks for the pics and information Steven.  Why are they using the Superfast X name and not a more traditional Stena one?  I thought she was to become Stena Endeavour?

Matt

giftgrub

Always going to be Stena Superfast X, capitalises on the North channel twins and adds a different slant to the HSS replacement for the general public, Superfast sounds a bit more Dynamic also giving additional marketing options on both sides of the Irish Sea.

Steven

FerryMan

Quote from: Normandy on February 05, 2015, 08:15:10 AM
If superfast was in Ireland around the 20 -24 February to take over the Adventurer till the superfast is due to take over from Nordica on 9 March and Nordica do the cover for the northern superfasts, would that we on the cards and would it fit in with what we here about superfast being nearly ready??

First sailing of Superfast X in the booking system online from Dublin is the 9th March @02.15hrs at €99 for a cars + driver.
Ferry Master

Steven

Port of registry is confirmed as Cardiff.  I believe she now has the Stena blue swosh thing on the hull, etc. 

Regarding the March date,  this could be her official 'launch' date on the service. She is expected earlier than that I understand, and as I have said elsewhere would need to be to release Nordica for the North Channel.  I also expect Stena are leaving some room for delays so as to avoid a PR disaster if she turned up after when they said she would.  Wouldn't be an ideal start to her new career would it?

giftgrub

Steven

She's looking very well in the latest pics I have seen - even without wing tips.  She's still Dieppe Seaways in appearance in other ways though - she retains the gates on the upper car deck bow entrance in place of the visor her sisters have (as did she as built),and her stern door is narrower than her sisters as it simply fills the space from the doors installed by Seafrance.  Shouldn't be too long now before she makes her way to our waters!  It's fair to say she's got the refit she's needed for a long time now.  Let's hope her introduction goes without any major issues!