Stena Superfast X (image heavy)

Started by Steven, February 02, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwt.nsf

Glad to hear the Superfast X settling in well into the route, I'm sure she'll be a great asset for Stena Line.

MVW85

reliability is a lot better now and also not half as late leaving and arriving so much better

Steven

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Cillian

Last Friday, I traveled on the Superfast X from Dublin. As we were departing, I noticed a Tug along side. I presume it was to stop us from been blown against the Swift as we were coming out from the berth, As soon as the ship was straight, the Tug left.
I have never seen this before when leaving Dublin Port.

HSS

This is quite normal when you have strong winds/rough sea, it has happened when I have been onboard, normal with Adventurer too.

Collision-course

Traveled on Stena Superfast X unexpectedly last night , was to return by Stena Europe which was cancelled due to adverse weather and as I had a critically ill passenger was diverted to Holyhead , as always Stena Line staff were a joy to deal with and they could not have done more to accommodate us , I have to say I was very impressed with Stena Superfast X , so far as I can see it has settled down very well onto the route and Stena have done a great job reversing the damage SeaFrance did to its interior , all in all I would give the ship the full 10 out of 10 even though we had howling gales and strong swells outside giving us a bit of a bumpy crossing.

Steven

Quote from: Collision-course on January 27, 2016, 03:47:54 PM
Traveled on Stena Superfast X unexpectedly last night , was to return by Stena Europe which was cancelled due to adverse weather and as I had a critically ill passenger was diverted to Holyhead , as always Stena Line staff were a joy to deal with and they could not have done more to accommodate us , I have to say I was very impressed with Stena Superfast X , so far as I can see it has settled down very well onto the route and Stena have done a great job reversing the damage SeaFrance did to its interior , all in all I would give the ship the full 10 out of 10 even though we had howling gales and strong swells outside giving us a bit of a bumpy crossing.
Nice to hear some positive feedback on her.  I'll get a chance to sample her in the next few weeks myself and be able to compare her directly to her sisters.  Im sure there will be positives and negatives of course.

HSS

I think it is the Stena Superfast X birthday on the D-H route, 1 year and counting...

HSS

St Columba

Stena Superfast X still docking in Dublin stern first. Does she have bow door issues and when is it expected a repair wiĺl take place.

RorieLen

Quote from: St Columba on March 05, 2018, 11:17:30 PM
Stena Superfast X still docking in Dublin stern first. Does she have bow door issues and when is it expected a repair wiĺl take place.

Yes, I believe she was due to go off for repairs at the weekend but this has been postponed due to the weather.

Steven

Quote from: St Columba on March 05, 2018, 11:17:30 PM
Crew posted its to do with the bow ramp on Facebook.  I imagine they'll get her in as soon as practicable as it's a far from ideal situation to be running her as a stern loader.  Especially with Adventurer coming off service as well.