Stena Superfast X (image heavy)

Started by Steven, February 02, 2015, 11:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

(Picture taken from portalmorski.pl)

Thought I'd create a new thread in the run up to the introduction of Stena Superfast X to save the Stena fleet movements thread getting overwhelmed!  Stena Superfast X should be in service at the end of February/beginning of March.  Theres some pics of her in drydock in Gdynia which I will try to share later - needless to say she doesn't quite look like her sisters, in fact I'd go so far as to say she's the ugly one ;).  Needless to say, there will be more information on her in the coming weeks.

A few notes about the above image:  This is just an artists impression, some of the details of which are currently incorrect - for a start to date she has not regained her fins, the port of registry hasn't been confirmed, and at present she still has the "Calais treatment" on the tip of her bow for upper car deck access.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

Guess who!

Photo credit: Piotr B. Stareńczak via Portalmorski.pl on facebook

gerrym

Thank you for those brilliant photos, great to see the conversion and paint job in progress!  :)

giftgrub

awesome images, thanks for posting, looking good

IFPete

The ship looks great. Look forward to her arrival on the irish sea.

Ger Tigchelaar

Fantastic photo's and up to date information on how the refit is progressing. Thank you Steven.

20knots

According to the booking engine at present Stena Superfast X will make her debut on the central corridor on Monday 9th March 2015 with the 02.15 ex Dublin (first sailing ex Holyhead at 08.55 Monday).

Stena Nordica's last sailing on the route is currently shown as being the 20.30 ex Holyhead on Sunday 8th March 2015 (last sailing ex Dublin at 15.10 Sunday).

Steven

Quote from: 20knots on February 03, 2015, 08:21:45 PM
According to the booking engine at present Stena Superfast X will make her debut on the central corridor on Monday 9th March 2015 with the 02.15 ex Dublin (first sailing ex Holyhead at 08.55 Monday).

Stena Nordica's last sailing on the route is currently shown as being the 20.30 ex Holyhead on Sunday 8th March 2015 (last sailing ex Dublin at 15.10 Sunday).

It'll need to be earlier than that, as Nordica is needed in Belfast to cover VII and VIII before she heads to DFDS.  They are playing it safe.  Expect some big changes in Stena's booking engine over the next few days/weeks as everything becomes clearer.

Davy Jones

- Unless the use the X up on the north corridor. Wouldn't be the first time a new vessel has been used as relief.

ferryfan

Great images thanks for posting. Superfast X has left dry dock and is alongside in Gdynia tonight, so the paint job must be finished.

Steven

Quote from: Davy Jones on February 03, 2015, 09:52:09 PM
- Unless the use the X up on the north corridor. Wouldn't be the first time a new vessel has been used as relief.
Possible, but not likely IMHO given the pair up here need cover for the best part of a month.  Lets just say Stena want this ship in service ASAP ;).  Additionally, Nordica is a proven fit with both terminals up here.  I'm sure stena want the crew to get familiar with their new vessel in its home surroundings before the Easter rush as well!  As mentioned elsewhere, X is expected to come up here for some publicity shots - but nothing confirmed yet.

Cheers ferryfan.  Could well be the case, or someone could be hanging of the side to finish the job :p.  Hopefully more pics will surface soon.

Normandy

Just wondering as the superfasts need cover for refit, and Europe is not getting cover, Does the Adventurer need refit also? I think she is due refit this year, and if so thats alot of cover to be provided given the Nordica has a date in Dover.

IFPete

Maybe Stena Europe will cover for Stena Adventurer

Normandy

Stena Europe would be a very poor cover for adventurer given the massive difference in freight capacity, I love the stena Europe but leave to the route she suits, she does seem to suit the Rosslare Fishguard rout well.

Steven

Adventurer had a major refit just over a year ago so she should be good.  Should she need dry docking, it'd be a quick in and out job taking a couple of days max.  Europe would probably be sufficient if the timing was right tbh (ie over the weekend).  There's always the option to switch X to adventurers roster to put the capacity in the right place as well.