Swift cancellation statistics

Started by SuperDave, August 21, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSS

Yes it was full, great to see so many people choosing to sail on the Stena Explorer  8)

Stena explorer

The weekend is looking fairly full too , the nordica  is sold out on the afternoon runs and the explorer I would say will follow suit by then  .The two afternoon sailings from dublin and dun laoghaire , have proven to be two of the most popular sailing times during the summer ,and have very often been both sold out ,that's 1,900 pax capacity with both,                                                       If the explorer is pulled for next year ,stena could loose out on  up too 700 pax  on the afternoon slots as the superfast  has 1,200 capacity, so irish ferries (with  by then ,possibly a bigger ship and a afternoon sailing) could Hoover up all those afternoon passangers, which stena won't have capacity for. I don't think the 2.15am sailing is too popular with the summer holiday motorist crowd ,I would say that will be mainly a freight  run. Anyway interesting times ahead , with trying to Sussex out what stena lines plan is.

Steven

Quote from: Stena explorer on August 27, 2014, 08:50:43 PM
The weekend is looking fairly full too , the nordica  is sold out on the afternoon runs and the explorer I would say will follow suit by then  .The two afternoon sailings from dublin and dun laoghaire , have proven to be two of the most popular sailing times during the summer ,and have very often been both sold out ,that's 1,900 pax capacity with both,                                                       If the explorer is pulled for next year ,stena could loose out on  up too 700 pax  on the afternoon slots as the superfast  has 1,200 capacity, so irish ferries (with  by then ,possibly a bigger ship and a afternoon sailing) could Hoover up all those afternoon passangers, which stena won't have capacity for. I don't think the 2.15am sailing is too popular with the summer holiday motorist crowd ,I would say that will be mainly a freight  run. Anyway interesting times ahead , with trying to Sussex out what stena lines plan is.
Reply moved to http://www.irish-ferries-enthusiasts.com/forum/index.php?topic=551.msg7923#msg7923 where it is probably more relevant and on topic
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

HSS

cosseric.coss

do you know the way the crew of the swift sleep on board the ulysses well due to technical problems the swift is running 2 hours lateand would be dropping in to dublin until approximately 20 100 hoursso does this mean that the ulysses will have to wait to take the swift crew or will they be put up somewhere else?

FerryMan

Ulysses would normally wait for her to arrive into Dublin, But there has been a couple of times crew were put up into hotels.
Ferry Master