Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSS

I wonder how long this service will continue?

IFPete

It might change if IOI goes permanently north to Dublin in 2015.

Its noticable that the Epsilon does Cherbourg - Dublin - Rosslare - Dublin Circuit only when Oscar Wilde is not visiting Cherbourg at the weekend.

cosseric.coss

I went to Alton towers this morning with my family. We went on the 08:05 HRS sailing from Dublin to Holyhead on the Ulysses. I have plenty of pictures and I will upload them when I get home at the end of the week. I was on the Inishmore 2 weeks ago and let me tell you, the Ulysses is far more luxurious, friendly, etc; than the Inishmore

mightymax23

Inishmore running two hours late today and this afternoons return to Rosslare and 20.45 to Pems both cancelled for technical issues....anybody got further information?

20knots

Quote from: mightymax23 on July 14, 2014, 01:25:53 PM
Inishmore running two hours late today and this afternoons return to Rosslare and 20.45 to Pems both cancelled for technical issues....anybody got further information?

No info on the cause/s though it presumably is now rectified as when I looked at the Latest Sailing Information a few hours ago tomorrow's 02.45 & 08.45 were to be confirmed but are now scheduled to run.

20knots

Quote from: Oscar Wilde on July 13, 2014, 10:44:39 PM
I went to Alton towers this morning with my family. We went on the 08:05 HRS sailing from Dublin to Holyhead on the Ulysses. I have plenty of pictures and I will upload them when I get home at the end of the week. I was on the Inishmore 2 weeks ago and let me tell you, the Ulysses is far more luxurious, friendly, etc; than the Inishmore

Hope you have an enjoyable stay and look forward to viewing the photos in due course.
Jodrell Bank is in that neck of the woods too:
http://www.jodrellbank.net/

FerryMan

Quote from: 20knots on July 14, 2014, 08:53:49 PM
Quote from: mightymax23 on July 14, 2014, 01:25:53 PM

No info on the cause/s though it presumably is now rectified as when I looked at the Latest Sailing Information a few hours ago tomorrow's 02.45 & 08.45 were to be confirmed but are now scheduled to run.

02.45 & 08.45 sailing have just been confirmed they will operate.
Ferry Master

boghandle

Ive heard they had a problem with a main engine gearbox, but its not confirmed.

cosseric.coss

Just home, I will post pics... as soon as I upload them...

The Ulysses has loads of announcements...

Like when you go on the Inishmore, there is just the captain's welcome aboard announcement, safety announcement, captains announcement when arriving in Pembroke and disembarkation announcement where as on Ulysses there is a few short safety announcements, a recorded welcome aboard announcement, the captain's live welcome aboard announcement, the main safety announcement, a recorded approaching Holyhead announcement, the captain's live approaching Holyhead announcement and the recorded disembarkation announcement.

All announcements on the Inishmore are live each time except safety announcement.

Ulysses announcements are all just recordings except the captains announcements.

cosseric.coss

I have 2 questions to ask... can anyone answer them...

1) How may captains has the Inishmore have?
2) Anyone know of anywhere there is a pic of Inishmore and Normandy togeather?

FerryMan

Quote from: Oscar Wilde on July 21, 2014, 11:25:32 PM
I have 2 questions to ask... can anyone answer them...

1) How may captains has the Inishmore have?
2) Anyone know of anywhere there is a pic of Inishmore and Normandy togeather?

1) The number of Masters/Captains on the Inishmore is as far a I know one on days, one on nights & change over of the same, So I would say four permanent Masters plus relief Master from within the fleet.

2) Not sure of this

Ferry Master

Stena explorer

Jonathan swift  had all 4 sailings canceled today , due to rough seas ,anyone know what happens the staff ,do they get a unexpected day off , or are they transferred to Ulysses  for the day.

IFPete

Just came back on a full Swift this evening, We left Holyhead at 1830 pm and arrived in Dublin at 2030 pm,
sailings today were delayed due to rough seas near holyhead and full loads,

When Swift is cancelled some crew members work on swift for cleaning, routine maintenance etc and others work on Ulysses.

cosseric.coss

For Christmas, do all Ulysses staff go home for Christmas? or do they stay on the ship and celebrate Christmas onboard?