Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEA

Nothing official but I heard from the Crew Blue Star 1 is supposed to go back to Her owners next year ..I have to say her interior is dreadful .

hhvferry

Quote from: SEA on July 14, 2022, 08:43:02 AM
Nothing official but I heard from the Crew Blue Star 1 is supposed to go back to Her owners next year ..I have to say her interior is dreadful .
I feel like I'm travelling on different ships  sometimes. She's not perfect operationally but, unless something has changed dramatically, to me she is a nice, smart ship.

The charter is up I believe but whether they extend it is up to IF and what alternatives they can find. Her owners would be delighted if they did carry on with the charter.

Futureskipper

Was anything made official about Epsilon changing flag? On marine traffic it is now showing a Cypriot flag where as it was Itallian earlier in the year?

archer

Maybe they should buy the for Brittany Ferries new built LNG ferry Honfleur. She is still standing in virgin white at the Gdyna shipyard and it looks like Siem is planning to sell her or charter her out. Could be a good Deal, Maybe its ceap to get.  ;)

ferryfan

Swift finished her seasonal service. I expect she will be laid up somewhere, other than Dublin, for the winter.

Niall

giftgrub

Lots of online rumours that Blue Star 1 charter is to end in 2023 and return to its owners, Epsilon is also rumoured to be ending charter so that leaves IF looking for two replacement ferries for 2023 on the Irish Sea.

ferryfan

Ulysses arrived at H&W today for her dry docking with the WB covering her sailings.

IFPete

Blue Star 1 does not appear on Irish Ferries Booking Engine beyond 31st May 2023.

Epsilon appears on Booking Engine throughout the year.

Its possible Isle of Inishmore will return to Rosslare - Pembroke route by then,

Futureskipper

Ulysses left H&W dry dock this morning and is expected to return for the 20:55 sailing from Dublin to Holyhead

A83

So Blue Star is leaving in Q2 and needs to be replaced. Can it be that the  Isle of Inishmore may be returning to Rosslare / Pembroke it seems like a somewhat backward step?

Also surely Epsilon will require q little TLC if she is stay on service for the year.

Davy Jones

Surely if Inishmore were to return, she would have to be converted back to fit the linkspans again. Then they may have to modify any potential replacement at Dover.

ccs

Quote from: Davy Jones on January 26, 2023, 01:14:38 PMSurely if Inishmore were to return, she would have to be converted back to fit the linkspans again. Then they may have to modify any potential replacement at Dover.

True. Cant see Inishmore returning to Rosslare any time soon.

Niall

Quote from: ccs on January 26, 2023, 04:13:30 PM
Quote from: Davy Jones on January 26, 2023, 01:14:38 PMSurely if Inishmore were to return, she would have to be converted back to fit the linkspans again. Then they may have to modify any potential replacement at Dover.

True. Cant see Inishmore returning to Rosslare any time soon.

Inishmore's stern ramp is stored at Fayard. It wouldn't take much work to remove her cow catcher also