Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shipbiulder101

Quote from: marsav68 on April 27, 2022, 05:20:25 PM
Quote from: SEA on April 27, 2022, 01:40:46 PM
On Another note I hear Blue Star 1 is coming to Dublin to releive WB Yeats for Drydocking repairs.I would presume its to have her new Upper Bow dooor fitted ,

Looking at booking engine, it looks like WBY arrives back into Dublin on 2nd May and is not back sailing until 10 May. Only appears to the normal weekend Epsilon sailings happening.

No signs of WBY on the Belfast Harbour schedule yet.
WBY might not be going to H&W as they are very busy ATM with Queen Victoria waiting for either the Horizon or Foreteller to leave dock before she can go in. WBY might be off to Cammel Laird or A&P in Falmouth or even Dunkirk or Rotterdam.

marsav68

WBY has just left Dublin with destination Belfast. Going by Belfast harbour traffic she is expected to be there for a week.

ferryfan

Blue Star 1 arriving in Dublin to take over the Cherbourg run for the week, with Horizon still out of action this leaves passenger capacity from Ireland to Cherbourg severely reduced

marsav68

Bluestar 1 due to leave Dublin and pick up the 20:45 Rosslare - Pembroke this evening.
WBY due to leave Belfast 18:00 and do tomorrows Cherbourg run.

ferryfan

ICG trading statement
https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/icg2/rns1/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=500&newsid=1581998
pinch of salt required as massive figures based on growth since covid and the addition of Dover Calais but still some strong growth

ferryfan

Looks like IF are finally up to a 3 ship service on Dover Calais

Irish_Steve

There seems to have been a lot of swapping on the Dover route in recent weeks, I'm guessing that they had a number of maintenance issues to resolve, but were holding off until they were in a position to maintain a 2 ship operation, made more significant by the P & O debacle, which seems to be ongoing even now.
I'm assuming that the long lay off of Inishmore was to enable the necessary exhaust scrubbers to be fitted, as for the work that was being done on the other two, that's anybody's guess, presumably, they're set for the summer now, and won't be cancelling any significant numbers of sailings going forward.

Have there been any hints as to their plans for Epsilon and Blue Star 1, we sailed on both of them in the not too distant past, and were not exactly impressed by either of them, Blue star 1 had either an engine issue, or a prop shaft issue, the vibration on it was not at all pleasant as a result, and Epsilon is just not set up to deal with the conditions that can occur on the Irish Sea, seats that rotate through 360 degrees are just not pleasant when the sea is causing pitch and roll movements, being unable to lock the seats to prevent rotation makes for very tiring travel.

giftgrub

Interesting video review on the W B Y from Planet Patrick on YouTube

https://youtu.be/LwVqCpXTc1U

Post COVID regulations and filmed in late April.

ferryfan

Blue Star 1 has been cancelled (operational reasons)with passengers being accommodated on Stena Europe. Does anyone know what is wrong with her? Meanwhile it seems that Swift is now taking 2 hours fifteen minutes to cross the Irish sea.

SEA

Blue Star not going anywhere .I hear Dept of the Marine have issues  with the Crew .

marsav68

Quote from: SEA on June 15, 2022, 11:19:20 AM
Blue Star not going anywhere .I hear Dept of the Marine have issues  with the Crew .

Back running this evening.

pdnr777

My parents travelled on blue star from rosslare to Pembroke and back. They said it was the worst experience they've ever had on Irish ferries and would not be using the service again if this ship is on the route. Also said how can the ferries make money when there was hardly nobody on the ship, either cars or trucks

ccs

Quote from: pdnr777 on July 08, 2022, 03:07:28 PM
My parents travelled on blue star from rosslare to Pembroke and back. They said it was the worst experience they've ever had on Irish ferries and would not be using the service again if this ship is on the route. Also said how can the ferries make money when there was hardly nobody on the ship, either cars or trucks

I,ve never travelled on the ship but out of interest what were their problems with it?

pdnr777

Seats onboard not very comfortable, problems with stuff working in their cabin, problems communicating with staff onboard, get priority boarding with having a cabin yet then unaccompanied freight parked around them so having to wait until the tugs come on to take the freight off before they could drive off. They prefer the Pembroke route due to the road network from the port up to St Clears is better than the road that comes down from Fishguard. They said such a let down of an experience with Irish Ferries, the last time they travelled over it was on the Isle of Inishmore

ccs

Quote from: pdnr777 on July 11, 2022, 01:36:22 PM
Seats onboard not very comfortable, problems with stuff working in their cabin, problems communicating with staff onboard, get priority boarding with having a cabin yet then unaccompanied freight parked around them so having to wait until the tugs come on to take the freight off before they could drive off. They prefer the Pembroke route due to the road network from the port up to St Clears is better than the road that comes down from Fishguard. They said such a let down of an experience with Irish Ferries, the last time they travelled over it was on the Isle of Inishmore

Thats very poor from Irish Ferries :o If they haven't done so already Your parents should definitely contact IF to outline their problems