Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgf

I note WB Yeats is sailing to Cherbourg today so the full Summer Schedule 2020 is kicking from today. 

Futureskipper

Isle Of Inishmore was involved in the locating of an upturned Orkany Longliner or fast liner (one or the other forgotten which one it was). There is an article on afloat.ie about it

A83

WB Yeats cancelled yesterday due to 'technical difficulties'. Anyone know what the problem is?

Kieran

Quote from: A83 on September 09, 2020, 08:45:23 AM
WB Yeats cancelled yesterday due to 'technical difficulties'. Anyone know what the problem is?

I have heard engine issues, but not sure how true that is. She limped into Dublin last night at 6kts with a tug, so would make sense.

giftgrub

Inishmore has moved to berth three in Rosslare tonight, bow in.

A rare sight on that berth.

ferryfan

WB Yeats running late since last night due to "Extraordinary Circumstances"?

Kieran

Quote from: ferryfan on October 06, 2020, 12:28:59 PM

Sadly, a crew member is missing since 9pm last night, the ship, along with Coast Guard helis from both sides of the Irish Sea searching last night.

Futureskipper

Quote from: ferryfan on October 06, 2020, 12:28:59 PM
I've just seen something on the news about a crew member being reported missing from the WB Yeats. The articles said WB Yeats was traveling from dublin to holyhead and the alarm was raised at 9pm. The crew member was last seen between 3:30pm and 4pm. ICG, HMC and local RNLI crews are out searching. This could be the extraordinary circumstances.
www.thejournal.ie/irish-ferries-crew-member-missing-5225000-Oct2020/
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/major-search-launched-for-man-reported-missing-from-ferry-in-irish-sea/ar-BB19KjZ9?ocid=msedgntp
What I've said above are from both of these articles.

Davy Jones

Steven

Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

November trading statement covering the first 10 months of 2020 shows a 26% of ?79 million drop in revenues compared to the same period last year.Car volumes down 67% and passengers down 68%.

Full statement here
https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/icg2/rns1/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=500&newsid=1431220

ferryfan

Anybody know anything about the delays to IF schedule today.

ferryfan

IF schedule for 2021 up to end January available. It shows WB Yeats until 3rd Jan and one ship service for the rest of the month Dub-HHD. Epsilon "operating primarily as a freight service" for the month of January.

IFPete

Irish Ferries Full timetable will be released in the coming days.

My guess is there may be a surprise in store.

ferryfan

What we do know so far about IF sailings for 2021 -
from the timetable available for January we can see that the WB Yeats is off service from the 4th January for the rest of the month with no replacement service. (This seems a long time for a regular dry docking).
According to the France 2021 schedule WB is only taking up the route on the 25th May which seems to be quite a late start given that in 2018 the Oscar Wilde was on the route from February with Epsilon operating a Saturday crossing.