Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

Ulysses routing south of Bornholm. She should pass Copenhagen in a few hours

Futureskipper

Ulysses' position has been the same for over 2 hours according to marine traffic, it's faded out on the app would this mean the tracker has been switched off

Kieran

Quote from: Futureskipper on March 21, 2020, 12:00:53 PM
Ulysses' position has been the same for over 2 hours according to marine traffic, it's faded out on the app would this mean the tracker has been switched off

She's in the North Sea at the moment, heading for the English Channel.

I think a faded out icon just means it hasn't been updated (only the Navy turn off AIS usually, more likely it's to do with her position and what she is in range of).

IFPete

Ulysses possition was last reported 6 hours ago, This means she is in a blind part of North Sea due toher distance from land. The same happens in Bay of Biscay and North Atlantic. She should reappear again as she approaches northern holland. I would expect she will pass Dover around midnight tonight.

IFPete

Ulysses has reappeared in Marine Traffic travelling down the north sea opposite Great Yarmouth at 22.5 Knots.

Chef

If  you subscribe to Marine Traffic you will get the position in real time from the satellite system .

jgf

From the IF website booking engine and sailing updates page.

The Ulysses returns with the 2055 ex Dublin Monday Night 23/03.

WB Yeats takes over Rosslare Pembroke with the 2045 from Rosslare Monday Night also.

As a result of this IF  have cancelled the 0805 ex Dublin and 1410 ex Holyhead on Monday. Pax transferred to Stena Line.

I suppose with current COVID 19 situation Inishmores trip to Poland wont be an issue as long as the yard there is allowed to stay open.

IFPete

Ulysses is passing Falmouth @ 19 Knots, I would imagine tomorrow Ulysses will get her passenger certificate renewed.

Isle of Inishmore will either go to Belfast or Falmouth for drydocking on monday evening.

Poland is not taking any more work until this crisis lifts. IOI scrubber installation will most likely be delayed until October.

I would not be surprised if WB Yeats stays on Irish Sea until Mid May with Epsilon covering Cherbourg service.

Perhaps Stena Foreteller will be kept on in freight capacity, time will tell.

Futureskipper

Looking at marine traffic, Ulysses seems to be an hour out of Dublin

ferryfan

Ulysses undergoing EU inspection and due to return to service tonight. WB will be heading south to take over from IOI, not sure where she is going.

IFPete

Isle of Inishmore heading to Belfast,

Chef

Has Ulysses funnel ended up looking like Brittany Ferries Pont Aven after having her scrubbers installed , i.e looking like a block of flats .

Futureskipper

Quote from: Chef on March 24, 2020, 06:23:48 AM
Has Ulysses funnel ended up looking like Brittany Ferries Pont Aven after having her scrubbers installed , i.e looking like a block of flats .

I haven't seen the Ulysses in person yet but when I seen a photo of her leaving the drydock the funnel seemed to be normal I'll repost that photo below

Chef

Quote from: Futureskipper on March 24, 2020, 05:04:30 PM
Quote from: Chef on March 24, 2020, 06:23:48 AM

I haven't seen the Ulysses in person yet but when I seen a photo of her leaving the drydock the funnel seemed to be normal I'll repost that photo below
Thank you , looking forward to that , and speaking of the Pont Aven she can be seen in the background of you picture in the floating dry dock .

Niall

That picture isn't very clear as it was taken at twighlight and at a sharp angle that doesn't show the funnel in full view