Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Futureskipper

It looks like Ulysses will remain in Poland for the time being, NIFS reported that Ulysses isn't expected back on the Holyhead to Dublin service until the 16th March. Dublin Swift has also entered dry dock

A83

She has been gone 2 months surely enough time for the refit. Are they waiting for a part to be made?

IFPete

I could be wrong, but i suspect Isle of Inishmore's Scrubber installation will be deferred to October 2020 when WB Yeats comes back on the Irish Sea,

She is most likely going to belfast for drydocking when Ulysses returns.

The work on Ulysses was planned to take between six weeks and three months.

Nowone really knew exactly how long given the complexity of the installation.

There was not going to be much passender interior work done above a normal drydocking.

ferryfan

ICG full annual report presentation for 2019 available from icg.com today. Report shows growth in ferries division and in earnings. Hull 777 is mentioned as due for delivery in late 2020?

Niall

Hull 777 won't be ready until late 2021 I'd say.

IFPete

It depends on when and where it is built.

ferryfan

You have to remember ICG have already handed over €33 million to FSG for this ship.

IFPete

I hope its built in Flemsburg and fitted out elsewhere.

Chef

Quote from: IFPete on March 05, 2020, 02:56:17 PM
I hope its built in Flemsburg and fitted out elsewhere.
I'm pretty sure it wont be built in Flemsburg .

IFPete

ICG would not be making the statements they are to the markets if they were going to cancel the order with FSG.            If FSG cancel the order at this stage FSG will enter insolvancy.

IFPete

Dublin Swift heading to Holyhead from Belfast @ 32 - 33 knots

IFPete

Ulysses Receiving Bunkers in Gdansk. Hopefully she is departing this afternoon. 

Niall

Not as far as I know. That bunker is moored across from her

IFPete

Ulysses was taking bunkers this afternoon, Pont Avon spent the day undergoing sea trials and is now on her way home via Skagen. 

marsav68

Quote from: IFPete on March 08, 2020, 03:21:08 PM
Ulysses Receiving Bunkers in Gdansk. Hopefully she is departing this afternoon.
She has had the bunkering tanker alongside a few times over the last 2 weeks. They must be burning an awful lot of fuel sitting there!  :)