Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhvferry

Quote from: IFPete on March 28, 2019, 10:06:06 PM
Thats definately another possibility
I'm going to put my neck on the line and say Ireland-Spain is definitely not another possibility for the OW...!

LongTimeReader

Quote from: hhvferry on March 28, 2019, 11:36:40 PM
Quote from: IFPete on March 28, 2019, 10:06:06 PM
Thats definately another possibility
I'm going to put my neck on the line and say Ireland-Spain is definitely not another possibility for the OW...!

Spain feels a bit far for a ferry that liked to operate around 16/17 ktns

bissiere

Maybe two ships on the road Dublin Cherbourg?

bissiere

When is the maintenance of the Oscar Wilde finished

SEA

Cropped image of some very fresh paintwork on Oscar wilde taken yesterday . Please note on my previous post is pure speculation but by the picture below it looks promising

alfie79

Quote from: SEA on March 29, 2019, 08:39:38 AM
Cropped image of some very fresh paintwork on Oscar wilde . Please note on my previous post is pure speculation but by the picture below it looks promising

defo going by that she seems to be staying in the fleet
cork-roscoff(think port of roscoff confirm termination of irish ferries) or/brest?

ferryfan

Epsilon has reportedly been sold by her owners "Cartour Srl" to her former operatos Caronte and Tourist.
https://www.informazionimarittime.com/post/caronte-tourist-potenzia-la-flotta
Irish Ferries have a lease on her until end of 2020 with an option for 1 more year.

RorieLen

Quote from: alfie79 on March 29, 2019, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: SEA on March 29, 2019, 08:39:38 AM
Cropped image of some very fresh paintwork on Oscar wilde . Please note on my previous post is pure speculation but by the picture below it looks promising

defo going by that she seems to be staying in the fleet
cork-roscoff(think port of roscoff confirm termination of irish ferries) or/brest?

Of course they're going to paint her if she needs it... and she badly needed it. Doesn't necessarily mean she's staying with Irish Ferries though.

bissiere

Do you have any news on the future of Oscar Wilde?

IFPete

She is in Drydock reportably until tomorrow, She is being offered for sale , but no announcements yet as to her future.

Given the state of Brexit and the fact the Dublin Swift will be in Drydock for four weeks it would make sense she hangs around for the summer.

We will have to wait and see.

giftgrub

As above, of all years this is the time to have a spare ship available, also given likelihood of delays to Georgie Burgess (FSG new build 2) we might see Oscar around for a bit longer to provide additional services and cover.

Assuming it has not been sold already that is !

Chef

She could always be chartered back from new owners if sold  , Epsilon was sold recently and is still under charter to IF .

ferryfan

Oscar Wilde now scheduled to leave Belfast on the 10th April at 1600. No word of her destination as of yet.

IFPete

I would of thought she would stay in extended layup in Belfast unless of course they have plans for her.

bissiere

Why is Oscar Wilde still not out of dry dock technical problems?