Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trucker

Thats my first post by the way.
Frequent traveller as I'm a truck driver, so any first hand information, I will pass on.

jgf

thanks for that information Trucker, was looking at the Isle of Inishmore on marine traffic yesterday and was wondering what was up.

Trucker

Bit of a bad situation when a ship spends a month in dry dock, and then have a major malfunction.
All good now though.
She nearly back on track.
45 minutes or so late leaving Rosslare tonight.

marsav68

OW has arrived into Belfast this morning.

IFPete

IOI looks magnificant after her refit. Complete makeover of Boylans Brasserie.

New Powerpoints with USBs on backs of couches. 

ferryfan

Lack of berths in Dublin meant the WB spent the night at anchor just outside the port (quadrant 1) she moved onto berth 49 this morning but will have to move off to let Swift in and out this afternoon. Oscar Wilde is scheduled to leave H&W today destination unknown.
HSC Manannan which is currently in dry dock at Cammel Lair is due in Dublin tomorrow for trials! perhaps she has had some structural work done like new ramps?

alfie79

Quote from: ferryfan on March 26, 2019, 11:04:14 AM
Lack of berths in Dublin meant the WB spent the night at anchor just outside the port (quadrant 1) she moved onto berth 49 this morning but will have to move off to let Swift in and out this afternoon. Oscar Wilde is scheduled to leave H&W today destination unknown.
HSC Manannan which is currently in dry dock at Cammel Lair is due in Dublin tomorrow for trials! perhaps she has had some structural work done like new ramps?

OSCAR WILDE DESTINATION SUPPOSED TO BE ROSSLARE
THAT RUMOR CAME FROM ROSSLARE

marsav68

Quote from: ferryfan on March 26, 2019, 11:04:14 AM

WB moved out ok south of Howth Head. Swift leaving now so presume WB will move back in to 49 for 16:00 departure to Cherbourg.

OW still appears to be in the dry dock in H&W @ 13:45.

ferryfan

Belfast Harbour updated Oscar Wilde now erxpected to depart on the 4th April.

SEA

I just heard from a reliable source  who has seen the Oscar wilde today.  She has had some New paint work, her name and her Logo have remained and possibly being re painted. As we know I.F. are very tight lipped about it but if  there are any clues  this Probably means she must not going anywhere but where would she be deployed if she is staying in the fleet  ??

alfie79

Quote from: SEA on March 28, 2019, 03:32:32 PM
I just heard from a reliable source  who has seen the Oscar wilde today.  She has had some New paint work, her name and her Logo have remained and possibly being re painted. As we know I.F. are very tight lipped about it but if  there are any clues  this Probably means she must not going anywhere but where would she be deployed if she is staying in the fleet  ??

ohhh rosslare to where?cherbourg???

IFPete

My money is on Rosslare and Dublin to Brittany (Roscoff or Brest) three times a week and Dublin - Holyhead at weekends with Epsilon doing one round trip to Cherbourg a week at weekends running opposite WB Yeats.

A83

WB Yeats linked up with a coastguard helicopter just now off the Wexford coast.  Returned to her track to Cherbourg now. Emergency or practice?

bissiere

IFPete

Thats definately another possibility