Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgf

Is Ulysses is almost ready in Birkenhead?

Isle of Inishmore is cancelled on Wednesday 08.45/14.45 for operational reasons ???

IFPete

I was in Birkenhead this evening, They were touching up the paintwork on the upper decks,

I will post some photos tomorrow.

marsav68

Ulysses has left dry dock this afternoon.

Rob 1987

Isle Of Inishmore Is Due In Cammel Lairds Dry Dock tomorrow
Regards Rob

IFPete

More likely Thursday unless Epsilon or WB Yeats steps into cover for her tomorrow night. Oscar Wilde moves to Rosslare - Pembroke route when she returns from France on Thursday lunchtime.

jgf

Quote from: marsav68 on February 12, 2019, 02:59:30 PM
Ulysses has left dry dock this afternoon.

Just arrived in Dublin. after 28 days in drydock hopefully its fully sorted and will be behaving its self from now on.

Cladyman

I feel love in the air for StValentines day.  First day full day of WBY and Ulysses on Irish Sea

💕

Davy Jones

Quote from: IFPete on February 12, 2019, 07:08:00 PM
More likely Thursday unless Epsilon or WB Yeats steps into cover for her tomorrow night. Oscar Wilde moves to Rosslare - Pembroke route when she returns from France on Thursday lunchtime.

Don't think it will be Yeats, if I remember correctly she didn't do berthing trials either at Rosslare or Pembroke on her delivery voyage.

IFPete

Isle of Inishmore is stern first on the ramp in Rosslare which could mean they are doing a lifeboat and liferaft deployment today.

Oscar Wilde is now rostered to be in Rosslare tomorrow evening to take up Rosslare - Pembroke service.

WB Yeats visited Rosslare in December - her first port of call in Ireland,

ferryfan

Ulysses has had major work carried out including new propellers, rudder and stern thrusters refurbished, a major engine overhaul and some painting.

jgf

Oscar Wilde has taken over from Isle of Inishmore just leaving Rosslare now 1.25hrs late.

ferryfan

Oscar Wilde is finished her France runs according to the timetable for the year. We will have to wait and see what's next for her after her time covering for the IOI.

IFPete

I travelled home on the Oscar Wilde from Holyhead to Dublin on monday evening.  The Crew appeared to be quiet upbeat.

There is to be an announcement late February - early March about the future plans for OW and the launch of a new timetable.

It appears WB Yeats is booking up fast at certain periods in the summer months and the hope is extra capacity will be needed.

The latest irish ferries press release about the upgrades to the Ulysses specifically mentions six ferries in irish ferries fleet.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on February 15, 2019, 05:33:59 PM
I travelled home on the Oscar Wilde from Holyhead to Dublin on monday evening.  The Crew appeared to be quiet upbeat.

There is to be an announcement late February - early March about the future plans for OW and the launch of a new timetable.

It appears WB Yeats is booking up fast at certain periods in the summer months and the hope is extra capacity will be needed.

The latest irish ferries press release about the upgrades to the Ulysses specifically mentions six ferries in irish ferries fleet.
It's hardly shocking news that a ship is busy in the peak period!!!  They clearly couldn't fill two ships to France last year either and I see they've cut prices in the lead up to peak as well. 

Somehow I doubt they are going to keep an asset they can sell on now lying around gathering dust to be used for only for a few months a year - it's no secret she's available at the right price either.  The press release is hardly going to say they only have 5 ships when they are currently using 6 anyway!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Rob 1987

Isle Of Inishmore Is In Cammel Lairds Dry Dock Birkenhead for3 Weeks
Regards Rob