Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob 1987

When the Ulysses back on Services
Regards Rob

Cladyman

Is it just me that thinks it is crazy they are taking over a month after arriving in Dublin port to put in full service yet the orginal plan for last summer must have been days. 

With an extra 6 months to plan can't help but use the word incompetence

RorieLen

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumour that WB Yeats has failed to secure the necessary certification to sail from the Irish authorities?

Steven

Quote from: RorieLen on January 15, 2019, 08:19:38 PM
I wonder if there is any truth in the rumour that WB Yeats has failed to secure the necessary certification to sail from the Irish authorities?

Hearing that rumours of major construction problems are true, but not necessarily the issues that were widely reported online.  Something is definitely up with her – remember Irish Ferries said she would be in service in "early January".  I don't think even they can claim early January hasn't passed!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

giftgrub

It is strange given the delays, if there are certain issues would be smart fleet planning to put it in service as cover for Inishmore first when it goes to refit, have any teething issues outside of the glare of Dublin - Holyhead,  delays on Rosslare Pembroke unlikely to get as much attention.

Given the investment it is sad to see it sitting idle in all the images so far, it will be great to finally see it carrying passengers.

Alan G

It's obvious that they intended to have WBY cover Ulysees otherwise IOI would be in Dublin now rather than the poor showing of using Epsilon on the main link and OW on the second service with all foot passenger carriage on the route suspended.

Any further issues and it would be have to be a consideration for the next order for an even larger ship to be suspended or cancelled from FSG.

giftgrub

There has been a reluctance to switch Inishmore to Dublin this year, most notably during Summer when Ulysses was off service for a month, Inishmore stayed in Rosslare.

While we all thought WB would have slotted into service as cover for Ulysses (especially given drydock delayed a week) this has not happened yet, for whatever reason, given the original plan was for WB to enter service days after arriving in a Ireland last Summer, the extended delays, lack of sea time, no press tour, pour communication would seem to indicate possible issues.

Who would have thought Oscar Wilde would have been used so much on Dublin route this year. Also France sailings have been cancelled while Stena Nordica Sold out over next few crossings out of Rosslare.

Steven

Quote from: Alan G on January 15, 2019, 10:02:43 PM
It's obvious that they intended to have WBY cover Ulysees otherwise IOI would be in Dublin now rather than the poor showing of using Epsilon on the main link and OW on the second service with all foot passenger carriage on the route suspended.

Any further issues and it would be have to be a consideration for the next order for an even larger ship to be suspended or cancelled from FSG.
Assuming that FSG is responsible for whatever this issue is! 

ICG will have been fully aware that this vessel was a prototype for the yard as well - they've never built anything like this before.  None of us knows what the contract between the yard and the purchaser says at the end of the day.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

SEA

I heard from a reliable source  its likely W.B.Yeats transferring to Ulysses berth 49 tomorrow morning .,  there may be light at the end of the Tunnel.nothing confirmed yet

IFPete

Dublin Port website has WB Yeats departing Dublin at 2359 tomorrow night.

Destination unkown

A83

Reflecting back on events last summer and how they were handled by IF and now viewing them in the context of how IF is currently a little sparing with information regarding what is happening with  WB Yeats and when it will eventually go into service it seems that one conclusion can be made; namely that their public relations strategy could do with a little improvement.

ferryfan

Quote from: IFPete on January 16, 2019, 01:29:03 PM
Dublin Port website has WB Yeats departing Dublin at 2359 tomorrow night.

Destination unkown
Maybe they're sending it back to FSG.

IFPete

She is not scheduled to come back to Dublin on 18th January. I had the same thought this morning.

SEA

On Berth 49 , Again I heard they are hoping to sail tonight

marsav68

Quote from: SEA on January 17, 2019, 01:17:13 PM
On Berth 49 , Again I heard they are hoping to sail tonight

It has now been moved out 24hrs!