Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marthyrarth

Will the Yeats be carrying passengers including footies form the 15th or only freight?

Very poor communication from IF - a disgrace really.  Do they want people to travel with them?

ferryfan

Quote from: marthyrarth on January 12, 2019, 10:36:04 AM

Will the Yeats be carrying passengers including footies form the 15th or only freight?

Very poor communication from IF - a disgrace really.  Do they want people to travel with them?
I totally agree and think most of it may be down to whoever is supposed to be doing their IT. Their booking engine shows OW but it is clear that WB will be taking over from Ulysses from Sunday with no bookings for foot pax or rail pax being allowed.

IFPete

According to Afloat, WB Yeats will sail as a ghost ship with Freight drivers only on 14th. Dublin Port Departures and Irish Ferries Freight site showed WB Yeats going into full service on 15th January at 0805 Dublin to Holyhead. Ulysses is due to travel to Birkenhead on 15th January 2019 leaving Dublin at 0900 AM subject to WB Yeats departing per schedule. 

jgf

Well I am hoping to make a sail trip on Tuesday morning so all I can do is hope and wait to see if IF want my business.

jgf

Epsilon left Brest this evening heading to Cherbourg

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on January 12, 2019, 12:12:58 PM
According to Afloat, WB Yeats will sail as a ghost ship with Freight drivers only on 14th. Dublin Port Departures and Irish Ferries Freight site showed WB Yeats going into full service on 15th January at 0805 Dublin to Holyhead. Ulysses is due to travel to Birkenhead on 15th January 2019 leaving Dublin at 0900 AM subject to WB Yeats departing per schedule.

They jumped the gun - she still isn't ready I'm afraid.  Their latest "article" on the subject says she will be in Holyhead at the same time as Oscar on Tuesday and berth alongside her.  Slight problem with that theory.... ::)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

I agree Steven. WB Yeats is over at the ocean pier this morning.

ferryfan

I still believe WB will take over from Ulysses tomorrow. IF passenger site shows the OW on the route while the freight site shows the WB on the route, meanwhile Dublin Port Transfer List have been told that WB is on the 0805 that Ulysses is off to dry dock sometime after 0900 then it gets a bit confusing with both OW and Epsilon arriving from sea to berth 49 at 1115 and both departing at 1430 ?

IFPete

Dublin Port Website saying Epsilon taking Ulysses Sailings from tomorrow onwards.

jgf

Greetings from the Irish Sea onboard Adventurer, both Ulysses and Epsilon are right infront of me. Ulysses off to Liverpool and Epsilon left well after us but has overtaken us 

Was really hoping to be on WB Yeats this morning, but that is the luck of the draw I suppose.

IFPete

WB Yeats is appearing on the Dublin Port Website on Thursday 17th January departing at 0805 AM

ferryfan

I got the dates wrong at least twice based on info from their websites and the port company. Afloat.ie is reporting that she will undertake this "freight only" crossing on Saturday and commence passenger services on the 25th January. I was hoping to go on her first crossing but think I will just wait until she is bedded down and will take a trip in a week or so.

IFPete

I hope Epsilon can handle the freight volumes.

jgf

The 25th is whats showing on the booking engine since the start but you would think they might make an effort to get wb in service  to cover dry docking. If it a paper work issue we just have to hold tough.

It will be an excuse for another trip for me anyway.

Cillian

Quote from: IFPete on January 15, 2019, 12:12:48 PM
I hope Epsilon can handle the freight volumes.

Epsilon can take 170 units, W B Yeats can take 165 units.