Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

Epsilon entered drydock in Brest this morning.

WB Yeats is undergoing Inspection in Dublin today to allow it to receive its passenger certificate.

If it passed it will replace the Ulysses on the Dublin - Holyhead route from Sunday 6 January 2019,

ferryfan

Epsilon has dry-docked in Brest at a Damen yard.

marthyrarth

Anyone know if W.B. has passed its inspection?  Want to go on her, but it will be £64 for a day return which is very expensive.

Why no day trip fares?

Also thinking about going on Stena Nordica, will be cheaper £5.50!!!!!!

I think Irish Ferries could communicate things better.  They seem very anxious only to answer the easy questions on their facebook site and ignore anything complex!

I am slightly concerned about the sun deck arrangements for W.B. - only one exposed sundeck on top for a long cruise journey and no plexiglass.  Look at the Felicity, Tor Britannia, etc - much better.  The interior décor also looks a bit dull and cheap .

IFPete

Certificate permitting WB Yeats to enter service on Dublin - Holyhead on Tuesday 8th January 2019

ferryfan

Quote from: IFPete on January 03, 2019, 11:40:38 AM
Certificate permitting WB Yeats to enter service on Dublin - Holyhead on Tuesday 8th January 2019

Hopefully it will enter service and by doing so clear up the confusion and contradictions on IF own booking engine which shows OW on Dub-HH  on the 15th  while the timetable for Dublin -Cherbourg shows her sailing to France on the same day returning on the 17th.

IFPete

I totally Agree. Irish Ferries have completely lost the plot in terms of communication.

If WB Yeats is not available next Tuesday (which hopefully is not the case) the Isle of Inishmore will end up in Dublin. The website should have reflected this contingency.

The other confusion is the future of Epsilon and Oscar Wilde which are both rumoured to be leaving the fleet. 

While the rumours are most likely true , the missing piece of information is the timing of both departures.

Additionally the Drydocking Location of Isle of Inishmore , Ulysses , Epsilon and Oscar Wilde all be kept low key.

The final schedule make up for 2019 is a state secret. 

Lastly start date of the Swift has moved from 14 March to 12 April back to 14 March even before she gets drydocked.

IFPete

I understand Ulysses is booked into Birkenhead for Drydock next week.

Her departure for Birkenhead may be delayed to allow WB Yeats to take over her service.

Only one ferry is appearing on the booking engine to operate the Dublin - Holyhead service until 24 January 2019.

ferryfan

Confirmed now that WB Yeats will commence sailings taking over for Ulysses on the 20:55 sailing on Sunday the 13th.
Epsilon returning to the route on the 15th freeing OW to take up some Cherbourg runs until the 24th when OW and Epsilon swap routes with OW back on Dublin- Holyhead for one day before Ulysses returns and WB takes over Epsilon timetable to HH and Epsilon switches to Dublin -Cherbourg service (hope that makes sense).

IFPete

Good to see the timetable been fleshed out.

ferryfan

Works being carried out on Epsilon at Brest according to a meretime marine article
"This technical stop will in particular make it possible to repair a problem on one of its anti-roll stabilizers and to carry out an upgrade on one of its water intakes. Also provided are interventions on the joints of the propeller blades, as well as various work including boilermaking." (google translated)
She is due to leave the dry dock on the 11th or 12th Jan.

marthyrarth

If you ask Irish Ferries facebook team when Ulysses goes into drydock, they say they don't know.  Very poor communication.  What's the point of a facebook site if they aren't willing to help their passengers?

IFPete

They are frightened to say anything

jgf

its hilarious that  the dry docking schedule for next week is still  is subject to confirmation.  they have Oscar down to France on Tuesday for freight customers but you cannot book it on Irishferries.com so its going to be a very empty sailing if its freight only.

I am hoping to travel to Holyhead on Tuesday but they are not open for booking for rail sail passengers because they 'are awaiting confirmation of there dry dock schedule and which  ferrys will  be operating.'

We no office staff over the weekend it will be Monday before I can get an update.

I will probably go Stena but was hoping to go IF with WB Yeats making an appearnce. 

Cillian

Dublin port schedule has W B Yeats departing on 15th at 08.05 from berth 51A, And from that night from berth 49.
As expected it will be covering Ulysses schedule.