Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on November 02, 2018, 08:59:48 AM
She might be back in Dublin next summer when WB Yeats goes full time on France.
IF will want to build up the epsilons roster on Dublin - Holyhead to accomodate Ulysses in Summer 2020,

Putting Epsilon back on Holyhead would be a backward move.

The key issue issue is finding a suitable vessel to cover Pembroke next summer.

A vessel capable of accomodating 1500 passengers and 2000 lane meters would be needed.
Alternatively they could just used DUBLIN SWIFT for Holyhead tourist traffic!  That's her role after all, taking the summer peak traffic, while Epsilon's is to swallow up freight.    Yeats obviously moves to the Holyhead service due to the lower pax demand to France over winter allowing Swift to be laid up and Epsilon to handle all France traffic.  It's more cost effective to lay up an older vessel like Oscar than a new one, and likewise to run a vessel over winter that can take all traffic instead of a fast craft with a low load factor and an additional vessel for freight! 

Acquiring a vessel of the size you state just to run the Pembroke service for a few months doesn't really make much sense to me tbh, especially given vessels of that size are in demand and of short supply.  Of course when FSG777 turns up it will all be elementary and DUBLIN SWIFT can go and retire in the sun ☀️ while I imagine Yeats will run with a reduced passenger capacity to France over winter to save on costs.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

SEA

Ulysses back in Alexandra Basin today ,There are two small work boats at her Bow  one can draw their own conclusions, I am guessing its Bow thruster issues this time . Their also seems to be a lot of crew members on the outer deck it is very hard to see from south side .

ferryfan

Quote from: SEA on November 05, 2018, 10:40:34 AM
Ulysses back in Alexandra Basin today ,There are two small work boats at her Bow  one can draw their own conclusions, I am guessing its Bow thruster issues this time . Their also seems to be a lot of crew members on the outer deck it is very hard to see from south side .
It's a scheduled MES deployment exercise she will be back on the route tonight.

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on November 05, 2018, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: SEA on November 05, 2018, 10:40:34 AM
It's a scheduled MES deployment exercise she will be back on the route tonight.
This.  There's even a video of it on Facebook!

Steven

IFPete

Great pictures. rust in a few spotts where scafholding was installed during protracted the fitting out process.

I guess this will be cleaned up either in Odense.

ferryfan

Irish Sea Bookings open until early April 2019. First notable thing is no sign of Epsilon her charter must be over.  OW appears to be operating central corridor on her own from 6th Jan to the 24th Jan. (Ulysses dry docking). After Ulysses returns from dry dock she takes over the route on her own, I do not believe the OW would be capable of covering the central corridor on her own so expect the WB to be in place by then.
No Rosslare-Pembroke sailings from the 27th Jan until the 15th Feb.

IFPete

Ireland - Britain Bookings partially open

WB Yeats Not listed yet and Epsilon most likely on Dublin - Cherbourg

conor

Strange track for Ulysses this evening. As she entered Dublin Bay she turned and is now heading south-east. Adventurer is running slightly behind schedule but is going in the right direction!

IFPete

She is doing 20 Kts, i guess its due to wind direction. Its rough out there with both Rosslare Fishguard and Pemboke sailings cancelled

Both Epsilon and Stena Superfast X are going south and the approaching Holyhead from South West.

giftgrub

More strange stuff from IF

https://amp.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/irish-ferries-customers-fear-for-their-holidays-over-booking-delay-37530353.html

Have we still an issue with WB not accepted by IF yet, one would think Oscar Wilde sailings would be on sales

ferryfan

Quote from: giftgrub on November 15, 2018, 08:41:28 PM
More strange stuff from IF

https://amp.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/irish-ferries-customers-fear-for-their-holidays-over-booking-delay-37530353.html

Have we still an issue with WB not accepted by IF yet, one would think Oscar Wilde sailings would be on sales
ICG will publish a Trading Update on the 29th November, I'd expect some news re WB then.

alfie79

Irish ferries are being very frustrating lately
playing a dangerous game leaving Brittany ferries and Stena get a head start on French run for customers
trusting that people will remain loyal
they need to seriously up there PR too
take a lesson from Brittany ferries especially over their new build the honfleur keeping people updated on how the build is going

Steven

Quote from: alfie79 on November 15, 2018, 10:13:16 PM
Irish ferries are being very frustrating lately
playing a dangerous game leaving Brittany ferries and Stena get a head start on French run for customers
trusting that people will remain loyal
they need to seriously up there PR too
take a lesson from Brittany ferries especially over their new build the honfleur keeping people updated on how the build is going
To be fair it would be a lot more frustrating for people if they put "seats" on sale and kept cancelling them (again)! 

IFPete

I agree, Its not the end of the world to have to wait a few more weeks.