Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ferryman972411

Anyone know where Epsilon will berth on arrival from Holyhead if Ulysses is on 49?? Also has the crew been onboard Ulysses all this time or have they been put up in Dublin and will they reboard?? Would be interested to see if the captain makes an announcement on the first sailing saying anything...or is even present on the 0805 after navigating down from belfast all night! 

ferryfan

Quote from: ferryman972411 on July 26, 2018, 03:10:34 AM
Anyone know where Epsilon will berth on arrival from Holyhead if Ulysses is on 49?? Also has the crew been onboard Ulysses all this time or have they been put up in Dublin and will they reboard?? Would be interested to see if the captain makes an announcement on the first sailing saying anything...or is even present on the 0805 after navigating down from belfast all night!
Irish Ferries have 3 berths in Dublin 49 51A and the fast ferry layover just behind 49. Epsilon uses 51A regularly

SEA

The New Swift is too big for 51A. most of the crew stayed on the Ulysses in Belfast

ferryfan

Quote from: SEA on July 26, 2018, 11:25:21 AM
The New Swift is too big for 51A. most of the crew stayed on the Ulysses in Belfast
I have no idea where you came up with that it departs from 51A every morning.

SEA

my apologies 49A the outside river layby berth

A83

Ulysses on time, Epsilon  returned to her proper schedule. Normality is restored. There must be sighs of relief all over the Irish sea.

Cladyman

Website showing swift sailings cancelled today and tomorrow, what's up has it got too hot :-) or is it really now Ulysses back over capicity

IFPete

Swift Cancelled due to weather Conditions on irish sea.

ferryman972411

So what happened this morning? Where did Epsilon berth when Ulysses arrived? Did it make the 0805 and if so did Epsilon just sit in Dublin until it's normal 2pm?

seatrucker

According to MarineTraffic.com Epsilon waited on berth 51A - (Beside Stena Adventurer). Ulysses departed promptly at 08:05 at Epsilon moved onto 49 to wait for her 14:10 departure.

NathanBrady

Quote from: IFPete on July 26, 2018, 07:18:30 PM
Swift Cancelled due to weather Conditions on irish sea.
Some one told me she can't go in anything more than a light breeze ha ha

IFPete

It might seem light in Dublin and be quiet significant in Holyhead. Swift limit 2.5 metre wave height.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on July 29, 2018, 05:11:42 PM
It might seem light in Dublin and be quiet significant in Holyhead. Swift limit 2.5 metre wave height.
Interestingly a 91m Incat is certified for 34kts in 3m.  Or 29kts up to 4. 
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

I suppose the longer the craft the more stable she is.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on July 30, 2018, 07:22:19 PM
I suppose the longer the craft the more stable she is.
Possibly though overall hull design would be a factor as well.  The HSS for example was stable due to the unique hybrid hull design for example.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline