Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Here she is arriving in Belfast.

More here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbyonline/albums/72157662816041384

and here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottmackey/albums/72157624023002901

(unfortunately a size limit on this forum so unable to upload more/better quality)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

I cannot see Ulysses being back in action for 10 days or more to be honest.

I am sure they will do some painting and other repairs in parrallel.

Monday and Tuesday are normally quieter days for traffic.

If Ulysses is not back in service by wednesday morning IOI will most likely move north to cover the freight.

Steven

Dont think it has been posted here, but this is what Irish Ferries said to freight customers

QuoteIrish Ferries Freight is acutely aware and sincerely apologetic for the disruption that we know our service failure is going to cause to your business and to that of your customers over the next number of days in the absence of Ulysses from the Irish Sea. The vessel has to go to into dry dock immediately. At this point our best estimate for a full return to service is next Wednesday, 4th July. All Ulysses sailings are cancelled until further notice.

The freight website says mid next week at present, and I note she's back on the 4th according to the live schedule on the site, but of course that will depend on what happens at the yard.  One of the problems with replacing a shaft is it needs to be aligned perfectly, even a mm or two off isn't good enough.  As for other work being carried out, that will depend on whether ICG are going to pay for it to be done and whether it could delay her return in any way (such as waiting for contractors). 
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryman972411

Praying all goes well and Ulysses is back in service as planned. Booked to travel Friday as foot passenger on her and cannot stand Epsilon so they only other alternative would be ask for a transfer to Adventurer. Suppose we'll have to wait till Mon/Tues and see if there's any update.

Tbh don't think they'll even risk the delay and start fixing other minor issues/painting. The hassle Ulysses being out of service has caused them and the delays to other services because of the increased loads has been huge. Heard some stories of passengers booked on orginal Epsilon schedule sailings even being transferred to P&O on the Liverpool-Dublin. It's just costing them too much and creating so much bad press, alongside the already delayed Yeats which was bad enough

IFPete

All bookings for Epsilons Ulysses sailings are blocked out.

Some Swift Sailings are available including the addtional evening sailing to Holyhead,

I assume most passengers and cars are being transfered to Swift or Stena.

ferryman972411

Anyone know whats happened to the crew? Are they still aboard during dry dock or were they put up in hotels in Dublin with the Swift crew before the ship left for Belfast?

IFPete

I am sure some hotels in the IFSC got a block booking from Irish Ferries for the period,

This is a high season in Dublin so i would say it was not cheap,

Dart

Quote from: IFPete on July 01, 2018, 02:35:18 PM
I am sure some hotels in the IFSC got a block booking from Irish Ferries for the period,

If only they employed more local crew, wouldn't need to pay for hotels  :D

The insider

Irish Ferries. ..what a joke.Nothing Irish about them.They shouldn't  be allowed  call themselves  that

ferryfan

Quote from: ferryman972411 on July 01, 2018, 12:35:39 AM
Praying all goes well and Ulysses is back in service as planned. Booked to travel Friday as foot passenger on her and cannot stand Epsilon so they only other alternative would be ask for a transfer to Adventurer. Suppose we'll have to wait till Mon/Tues and see if there's any update.

Tbh don't think they'll even risk the delay and start fixing other minor issues/painting. The hassle Ulysses being out of service has caused them and the delays to other services because of the increased loads has been huge. Heard some stories of passengers booked on orginal Epsilon schedule sailings even being transferred to P&O on the Liverpool-Dublin. It's just costing them too much and creating so much bad press, alongside the already delayed Yeats which was bad enough

Ulysses is due back on the 4th if it is delayed you will be contacted and transferred onto the Swift Epsilond oes not and has never taken foot pax.

ferryfan

No chance of Irish Ferries paying for hotels, for one the staff are not Irish Ferries employees, they are agency staff, secondly some of them will have been deployed to operate the extra Swift sailing and some may have remained on-board Ulysses.

ferryman972411

Quote from: ferryfan on July 01, 2018, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: ferryman972411 on July 01, 2018, 12:35:39 AM

Ulysses is due back on the 4th if it is delayed you will be contacted and transferred onto the Swift Epsilond oes not and has never taken foot pax.

I thought Epsilon used to take foot passengers when the swift was cancelled over xmas? Reckon theres any chance of transfer onto Adventurer as a foot pax?

ferryman972411

Quote from: ferryfan on July 01, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

No chance of Irish Ferries paying for hotels, for one the staff are not Irish Ferries employees, they are agency staff, secondly some of them will have been deployed to operate the extra Swift sailing and some may have remained on-board Ulysses.

Where are the Swift crew staying while Ulysses is in belfast then?

ferryfan

Quote from: ferryman972411 on July 01, 2018, 10:47:57 PM
Quote from: ferryfan on July 01, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

Where are the Swift crew staying while Ulysses is in belfast then?

On Epsilon.

Fast Ferry Fan

Must be the first time the Swift (or "a Swift") has run thrice daily for well over 10 years.

What are the loadings like on the extra sailing?

For those passengers transferred to Stena, what payments from IF would be expected to apply - ie will it be at a discount or surcharge to the passenger fares received?

Given what has happened over the summer, IF might be better served by starting to do to their customers what Ryanair have long done with regards to shareholders - under-promise and over-deliver.

Were there changes at board level in the last 12 months or so which mean that there has been less oversight than before which could have lead to the issues experienced by passengers?