Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

According to Matrix Ship Management on Facebook DUBLIN SWIFT passed her host nation inspection today and so is cleared for service.  Swift is cancelled tomorrow so looks like a possible debut on Thursday.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

St Columba

Ulysses running at reduced speed this afternoon. Slowed down about 8nm from Holyhead and now at about 11knots and probably an hour from Dublin at that speed. Anyone know a reason? For the first time in years she didn't refit in January, maybe IF regret that decision.

The insider

Rudder  problems  again   and tonight's sailing is cancelled

LongTimeReader

8:05 and 14:10 sailings tomorrow cancelled too.

ferryfan

This afternoon's departure from Holyhead left about an hour earlier than usual and this was flagged on the website. She has now been moved to ocean pier 33 to allow Epsilon use the berth tonight.

giftgrub

Maybe skipping the drydock period this year is not paying off.

Leeman

With Ulysses out of action surely there is a case for Dublin Swift to do at least three round trips a day to Holyhead rather than just two which sees it lying idle in Dublin from 7.30 each evening until 8.30 the following morning ?

IFPete

Swift Crew lives on Ulysses.

They have a Skeleton Crew to carry out deep cleaning and scheduled maintenance at night.

not sure they would have sufficient trained crew to run a 2nd shift but i could be wrong.

Davy Jones

At the height of popularity of the fast craft, Explorer used to do 4 round trips a day and I'm sure the Swift used to do at least 3.

RorieLen

Quote from: Davy Jones on May 03, 2018, 01:49:08 AM
At the height of popularity of the fast craft, Explorer used to do 4 round trips a day and I'm sure the Swift used to do at least 3.

Stena Explorer actually did five round trips a day for the first few years.

SEA

Ulysses will be taking up the 8.05 Dublin to Holyhead run tomorrow 4th May

Davy Jones

Quote from: RorieLen on May 03, 2018, 06:08:37 AM

Stena Explorer actually did five round trips a day for the first few years.

Wow! never knew that! 10 trips at 99 minutes plus half-hour turn-rounds. Doesn't leave much time for a flat tyre!

I miss the old girl.

Whoops, wrong thread! Sorry!

Cillian

Swift did 4 at weekends in summer, for the first year

IFPete

Irish Ferries reduced the additional sailings to save money on crewing when they tranfered to Cypriot flag and employed eastern european crew.

It would be nice to see Swift operate extra sailings at weekends , however it would be very difficult to justify.

LongTimeReader

The Big U is cancelled again on the 8:05 / 14:10 sailings. Docked Stern first in Dublin.