Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: ferryfan on March 16, 2018, 11:28:36 AM
The Ireland France schedule shows Epsilon as the sole ship for IF operating Dublin to Cherbourg from October- December.
Irish Ferries original charter of Epsilon ends in November 2018 but they do have an option to extend the charter for 2 years so if they are running Epsilon after that date you would have to assume that they intend to exercise the option to extend the charter.
The option is for 1 year + 1 year rather than 2 years according to ICG themselves

Quote from: IFPete on March 16, 2018, 11:36:06 AM
Epsilons Charter will be extended until July 2020 when the 2nd new build arrives and possibly November 2020

Its possible Epsilon will be too small for Holyhead route in Summer 2019 if WB Yeats grows the business successfully.

Where did you see this?  Surely if the charter was extended they would have announced it in the results presentation.  I would have thought given its a 1yr +1yr option they would of had to keep her until November rather than July anyway (perhaps not a bad idea anyway incase there is a technical issue).  As for Epsilon being too small, what are they going to do when DUBLIN SWIFT moves on then with newbuild 2 effectively replacing her capacity as well as that of EPSILON?
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Steven

Shameless plug! W.B. YEATS is the second of the new-builds currently under construction (the first was the E-Flexer class) featured ion NI Ferry Site's New-build feature.  New-build is basically a compilation of what is known so far about current new buildings for European ferry operators.  If anyone is interested you can view the page here: https://www.niferry.co.uk/nb-wb-yeats/

giftgrub

Nice one, thanks for gathering all the info and images on one easy to access page.

I am amazed at how quickly this build has come together, only a few months to go until the new ferry begins service.

IFPete

Quote from: Steven on March 16, 2018, 01:06:18 PM
The Ireland France schedule shows Epsilon as the sole ship for IF operating Dublin to Cherbourg from October- December.
Irish Ferries original charter of Epsilon ends in November 2018 but they do have an option to extend the charter for 2 years so if they are running Epsilon after that date you would have to assume that they intend to exercise the option to extend the charter.
The option is for 1 year + 1 year rather than 2 years according to ICG themselves

Epsilons Charter will be extended until July 2020 when the 2nd new build arrives and possibly November 2020

Its possible Epsilon will be too small for Holyhead route in Summer 2019 if WB Yeats grows the business successfully.

Where did you see this?  Surely if the charter was extended they would have announced it in the results presentation.  I would have thought given its a 1yr +1yr option they would of had to keep her until November rather than July anyway (perhaps not a bad idea anyway incase there is a technical issue).  As for Epsilon being too small, what are they going to do when DUBLIN SWIFT moves on then with newbuild 2 effectively replacing her capacity as well as that of EPSILON?

This was stated on announcement of the order for the 2nd build on 2nd Jan 2018.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on March 21, 2018, 07:18:51 PM
Quote from: Steven on March 16, 2018, 01:06:18 PM

This was stated on announcement of the order for the 2nd build on 2nd Jan 2018.

Am I missing something? 

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/icg1/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=500&newsid=962216

I don't see any reference to it in either results presentation either.

IFPete

"The cruise ferry is being built specifically for Irish Ferries Dublin - Holyhead services.  It is expected to replace the schedule of the MV Ulysses, which in turn will replace the currently chartered vessel MV Epsilon in the fleet".

IFPete

Quote from: Steven on March 20, 2018, 02:22:22 PM
Shameless plug! W.B. YEATS is the second of the new-builds currently under construction (the first was the E-Flexer class) featured ion NI Ferry Site's New-build feature.  New-build is basically a compilation of what is known so far about current new buildings for European ferry operators.  If anyone is interested you can view the page here: https://www.niferry.co.uk/nb-wb-yeats/

Nice Summary.

LongTimeReader

One burning question to ask here, when WB Yeats goes into service does anyone know how IF will accommodate three ferries in two terminals when WB Yeats is in Dublin?

As the timetable stands WB Yeats will be in Dublin 11:00 - 16:00; Epsilon will be there 11:15 - 14:15 and Dublin Swift will be there 13:30 - 14:30. Seems strange when there's only two terminals and a lot of loading / unloading to be done. Even if they retimetabled Epsilon it would be very tight and I can't imagine they'll move WB Yeats across the harbour for an hour each time to accommodate Dublin Swift. Or is there something I'm not thinking of?

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on March 22, 2018, 07:11:47 PM
"The cruise ferry is being built specifically for Irish Ferries Dublin - Holyhead services.  It is expected to replace the schedule of the MV Ulysses, which in turn will replace the currently chartered vessel MV Epsilon in the fleet".
Doesn't say anything about a charter being extended until July 2020.  It's implied it will happen, but that's not the same as confirming it has.  There's also the assumption that W.B. YEATS will be in service without any issues in July - the delivery date has been pushed back already a few times and she's a first for the yard as well.  For all we know there could be a plan to retain Epsilon and use her elsewhere or sub-charter her out

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on March 22, 2018, 07:13:02 PM
Quote from: Steven on March 20, 2018, 02:22:22 PM

Nice Summary.
Thanks, it should have been published similar but I was to busy with the site rebuild to check it all before going live with it.  I plan to do similar with the other new build.  Strange there hasn't been any engine supplier announcement yet!

Steven

Quote from: giftgrub on March 20, 2018, 08:37:05 PM
Nice one, thanks for gathering all the info and images on one easy to access page.

I am amazed at how quickly this build has come together, only a few months to go until the new ferry begins service.

No problem.  I had all the info together for my own reference so it was really just a case of putting it in an easier to read format.

Steven

Some pics of DUBLIN SWIFT in Dry dock yesterday with her new livery nearing completion here, with a bit of an update.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/dublin-swift-ex-westpac-express-update/

IFPete

Nice pictures. Looks like some more paint required on bow door.

IFPete

Lets see how successful WB Yeats is next winter on Dublin Holyhead Route.

Irish Ferries have been focussing on accompanied freight.

If successful it might be more appropriate to move Isle of Innismore onto Dublin - Holyhead for summer 2019 and bring in some leased tonnage onto Rosslare - Pembroke for the summer to allow WB Yeats go back on Dublin Cherbourg route.

Steven

Todays big news from Belfast today is the arrival of Azamara Pursuit, however Dublin Swift is out of dry dock and alongside the ship repair quay again as of yesterday.  At present she looks set to depart on the 9th (according to the harbour movements) for extensive trials, but this is subject to change (she was previously shown to be moving from the DD about a week ago but it was put back).  Expect a different look inside (unfortunately can't share the in-progress pics I've been shown as they aren't mine and I don't have them!).

Couple of pics on the link to NI Ferry Site (as well as some info about the arrival of Azamara Pursuit for a "world first" conversion.

https://wp.me/p8Bfsp-2xe