Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccs

Quote from: giftgrub on February 06, 2018, 09:25:54 PM
Images of the Oscar Wilde leaving drydock on the link below. Click right for more great images.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/das_boot_160/39222053215/in/dateposted/

Great pics. I especially like the one with the tug at the bow of the Oscar.

giftgrub

Yes, they are very good images, the photographer is very consistent, always takes very good photos and nearly on a daily basis, credit where credit is due a great record of shipping on the Mersey, and they are available for free on Flickr ! win win for us enthusiasts.

Steven

EPSILON arrived in Belfast yesterday morning, a couple of days later than we originally expected as she had to continue on the Holyhead route as Oscar was still in dry dock! 

I have a few pics on my Flickr page at https://flic.kr/p/22LYp4H for those interested.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Oscar Wilde making her first crossing of the year to Cherbourg but from Dublin. The OW must be the only ship that has/can serve all IF routes.

ferryfan

Ulysses made her usual crossing last night then moved to the Rio Tinto jetty (think it has been renamed) where she remains with both the 024 ex Holyhead and the 0805 from Dublin cancelled. She is due to take up her 1410 sailing. Does anybody know what has happened or is it still something to do with her rudder problems last week?

Ulysses17

This was a scheduled cancellation - to allow for an underwater survey I believe. OW is going to take up an extra 1415 ex DUB & 2000 ex HHD to help shift any backlog

giftgrub

Unconfirmed reports on the Facebook that the Inishmore has a technical issue with one of its engines.

As it is currently the only vessel on the Southern Corridor also providing cover for the Stena Europe with Stena taking spaces on board, a cancellation is not good news.

Hopefully the Inishmore can carry on until the Europe returns on Monday night (assuming refit is to schedule)

jgf

Interesting,
Inishmore is constantly late at the moment but I just put that down to the weather and having extra load due to Europe being off. it wasn't showing on Marine Traffic for me for a few days but that now is fixed.

Epsilon is still in Belfast and is cancelled today. Its Trip to Cherbourg tomorrow is still showing on time.

Oscar should be shortly making its way to Rosslare to resume Rossslare - Cherbourg tonight.

Also ULysses schedule is amended to run around 2.5 hours late due to work on her berth in Holyhead.

pdnr777

What are the links/pages on Facebook or twitter where you are getting news from??

jgf

Today Oscar Wilde was late docking in Cherbourg due to winds had not seen this happen before.

ferryfan

Ulysses had more tech issues this morning and is running about 2 hours late. She has, unusually, had a lot of reliability issues over the winter.

jgf

Ulysses still 2 hours, Inishmore Cancelled this morning, and Oscar Wilde doing a cruise of the Irish Sea. Epsilon is sailing even though Stena have cancelled.

Steven

Quote from: jgf on March 14, 2018, 02:21:32 PM
Ulysses still 2 hours, Inishmore Cancelled this morning, and Oscar Wilde doing a cruise of the Irish Sea. Epsilon is sailing even though Stena have cancelled.
Ulysses seems to be having an issue with bow loading as shes been operating as a stern loader
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

The Ireland France schedule shows Epsilon as the sole ship for IF operating Dublin to Cherbourg from October- December.
Irish Ferries original charter of Epsilon ends in November 2018 but they do have an option to extend the charter for 2 years so if they are running Epsilon after that date you would have to assume that they intend to exercise the option to extend the charter.

IFPete

Epsilons Charter will be extended until July 2020 when the 2nd new build arrives and possibly November 2020

Its possible Epsilon will be too small for Holyhead route in Summer 2019 if WB Yeats grows the business successfully.

Even so i would suspect Epsilon would be used to grow Ireland - France freight volume and i would not be surprised if Irish Ferries purchase her prior to end of the next lease extension.