Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giftgrub

Quote from: LiverpoolIrishLiam on January 30, 2018, 06:25:47 PM
I've written a blog about the sale of Jonathan Swift. Please read it and tell me your thoughts? Thanks! https://liamfjournalist.wordpress.com/2018/01/30/a-swift-exit/

Nice one, to the point and nice images.

giftgrub

Quote from: giftgrub on January 30, 2018, 07:26:36 PM
Now didn't they do well, they actually replaced the Swift with Westpac Express and it cost them nothing, in fact they have made money on the transaction, fair play Irish Ferries /ICG.

This is how well they did

The High Speed Craft 'Westpac Express' (built 2001) was purchased by the Group for $13.25 million. The Vessel was delivered to ICG in June 2016 and immediately chartered to the third party, Sealift Inc. This Charter continued until November 2017, resulting in total earned charter revenue of €6 million or approximately 54% of the purchase price of the Vessel. The Group is currently finalising its fleet operational requirements for 2018 and a decision on whether to charter externally or deploy this Vessel within the Group's Irish Ferries services, in lieu of the existing Vessel, 'Jonathan Swift', will be announced in due course. The Westpac Express offers the Group 20% additional capacity over the Group's current fast craft, Jonathan Swift

Page 10 on link below

http://icg.ie/documents/2018/icg_company_presentation_05_january_2018.pdf

Good business for any firm, to sell a valuable asset and replace with a newer bigger vessel and have cash in the bank, happy days.

HSS

Anybody know what is up with Ulysses this evening, only coming into Dublin now from Holyhead and tonight's sailing is in doubt?

Ulysses17

Must be fairly serious 2055, 0240, 0805, 1410 all cancelled!

jgf

Epsilon is late and can't dock in Holyhead. Ulysses cancelled tonight also rudder problems reported on another thread.

IFPete

Looks Like Irish Ferries schedule on Dublin - Holyhead has colapsed with Ulysses out of action now three days.

Epsilon appears to be operating Ulysses roster effectively handling freight before being drydocked next week. Her sailing to Cherbourg tomorrow is cancelled

Cars and passengers are being booked on stena

Swift is due back on Monday weather permitting and Oscar wild is due out of dry dock on Tuesday

No sign of Isle of Inishmore coming to the Dublin yet, but i would not be surprised if she heads to Holyhead tomorrow
if Ulysses is not repaired succesfully by tomorrow evening.

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on February 03, 2018, 12:18:50 AM
Looks Like Irish Ferries schedule on Dublin - Holyhead has colapsed with Ulysses out of action now three days.

Epsilon appears to be operating Ulysses roster effectively handling freight before being drydocked next week. Her sailing to Cherbourg tomorrow is cancelled

Cars and passengers are being booked on stena

Swift is due back on Monday weather permitting and Oscar wild is due out of dry dock on Tuesday

No sign of Isle of Inishmore coming to the Dublin yet, but i would not be surprised if she heads to Holyhead tomorrow
if Ulysses is not repaired succesfully by tomorrow evening.
I'd have thought it unlikely that Inishmore would go North considering that Stena Europe goes to dry dock tomorrow night.  If anything I'd have thought Ulysses would be sent to dry dock to sort the issue as its obviously not getting fixed very well by divers.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

I forgot about stena Europe

It's an interesting challenge

Steven

Quote from: IFPete on February 03, 2018, 09:37:57 AM
I forgot about stena Europe

It's an interesting challenge
On that note, how long is Oscar in for?  She's not on the schedule until Saturday.

Edit:  Just remembered she's covering Epsilon
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Swift on her way back due in Dublin at 5.00 pm. She might be called into service a day early to help shift any backlog.

SEA

. I believe the ulysses rudder was completely ceased up and couldn't be moved

jgf

Ulysses moving again, departed Dublin Port 16.25. Marine traffic is showing destination Holyhead.

RorieLen

Looks like she was doing trials - wonder is the problem sorted?

jgf

Must be sorted now as she is on the way across the Irish Sea towards Holyhead departed at 21.20 after 2 hour spin around Dublin Bay and off Howth.  Epsilon arrived in Dublin form Holyhead after 17.30 makes me wonder were IF rash to cancel the service[ to Cherbourg she could have made the trip departing 5 or 6hrs late?, I suppose they were not sure if the U would be fixed in time?

giftgrub

Images of the Oscar Wilde leaving drydock on the link below. Click right for more great images.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/das_boot_160/39222053215/in/dateposted/