Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

Superfast VI the Bimini Superfast has 1926 Lane Metres of Freight space , bow and stern doors. Can discharge over bow on two levels and has good internal ramps for loading and discharge. Passenger Capacity Daytime 1608 passengers, 842 berths , 712 cars.

Would be a good addition to Irish Ferries Fleet with some internal modifications including dual fuel installation.

ferryfan

I thought Bimini SUperfast was heading off to Grimaldi, according to ship2shore.

It appears (on FB) that  some passengers who were due to travel on OW from Cherbourg on Sunday were given no notification of the cancellation andwere left to fend for themselves.

RorieLen

Quote from: ferryfan on March 07, 2016, 10:36:12 PM
I thought Bimini SUperfast was heading off to Grimaldi, according to ship2shore.

It appears (on FB) that  some passengers who were due to travel on OW from Cherbourg on Sunday were given no notification of the cancellation andwere left to fend for themselves.

Superfast VI was reported further up this thread to be sold to Grimaldi, yes.

NathanBrady

Quote from: ferryfan on March 07, 2016, 10:36:12 PM

You'd think after de Epsilon disaster they'd be trying extra hard not to piss off people.  How hard is it to tell people that de boat is broken?    Beginning to think ferry companies don't care about passengers any more.  I bet they told the trucks!

IFPete

It is normal that IF text there passengers if there is a delay or a cancelation

Passengers in the past are given the option of going with Brittany Ferries through Pool or Portsmouth and driving to Pembroke Dock or Holyhead or waiting until the next sailing,

Last year when the Radar broke on the Oscar Wilde the majority of people elected to stay on board until the shipped sailed.

NathanBrady

After today's result announcement they should be able to afford to pay the compensation anyway.  Any news when de Oscar is coming back?

IFPete

Did anyone here the reason for the drydocking of Oscar Wilde,

Was it due to an in service incident or warranty relating to the refit in Belfast.

Collision-course

Drive shaft problems from what I hear.

Chernel

Hi Guys,
I've just joined to you here, because I am wondering what happened with Oscar Wilde, because she has been cancelled again.
Any news? I've  booked a ticked and a premium cabin for my family on OW by 18th March, so I'd really like to know should I start to find another possibility to get France....or?
Thanks,
Tom

giftgrub

Quote from: Chernel on March 08, 2016, 09:46:42 PM
Hi Guys,
I've just joined to you here, because I am wondering what happened with Oscar Wilde, because she has been cancelled again.
Any news? I've  booked a ticked and a premium cabin for my family on OW by 18th March, so I'd really like to know should I start to find another possibility to get France....or?
Thanks,
Tom

Would advise you to contact Irish Ferries in relation to this, would be unlikely for the Oscar to still be off service by the 18th but you never know.

Kieran

Quote from: giftgrub on March 08, 2016, 09:51:49 PM
Quote from: Chernel on March 08, 2016, 09:46:42 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks,
Tom

Would advise you to contact Irish Ferries in relation to this, would be unlikely for the Oscar to still be off service by the 18th but you never know.

Irish Ferries are really the best people to ask. I'd imagine she'll be back in a few days, but give them a call in the morning and check when they expect her back in service.

Steven

Quote from: Collision-course on March 08, 2016, 08:03:53 PM
She seemed to make her way to Falmouth at good speed, surely driveshaft problems would mean she'd be taking it easy?  There was talk on Facebook a driveshaft issue is what detained her in Belfast.  Someone also said the latest problem was related to steering - but I guess that could be them getting confused with Epsilon's recent trouble as well.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Collision-course

Quote from: Steven on March 08, 2016, 10:13:43 PM
Quote from: Collision-course on March 08, 2016, 08:03:53 PM
She seemed to make her way to Falmouth at good speed, surely driveshaft problems would mean she'd be taking it easy?
I would have thought so also , not confirmed about the drive shaft , clearly it had not failed but was serious enough to head for the nearest drydock.

ac_freeman

IF site now showing an On Time departure for Oscar Wilde on the 11th and AP site shows that she is due to leave just before midnight tomorrow....although destination says "sea" so perhaps a test run first?