Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy Jones

If they hadn't ripped Terminal 4 apart at Holyhead a Ro-Ro could have slotted in brilliantly. Having said that, Dublin could be a problem.

To berth a third ship otherwise, they would have to adjust SFX's sailing times a little.

I would have thought a Ro-Pax would have been more useful. Having the extra run could bring back the day-trippers in the summer months. Don't forget that Stena Explorer shifted a lot of people in her hay-day.

Which brings us back to Stena Nordica, and this is the wrong thread anyway.

NathanBrady

Quote from: Davy Jones on January 26, 2016, 11:00:14 AM
If they hadn't ripped Terminal 4 apart at Holyhead a Ro-Ro could have slotted in brilliantly. Having said that, Dublin could be a problem.

To berth a third ship otherwise, they would have to adjust SFX's sailing times a little.

I would have thought a Ro-Pax would have been more useful. Having the extra run could bring back the day-trippers in the summer months. Don't forget that Stena Explorer shifted a lot of people in her hay-day.

But explorer's crossing time in her heyday was half that of he current ships.  Who wants to spend 7-8 hours of a daytrip to Dublin on a ferry when they can get on a plane for an hour or just take the swift?

Steven

Quote from: NathanBrady on January 26, 2016, 10:26:35 PM
Quote from: Davy Jones on January 26, 2016, 11:00:14 AM

But explorer's crossing time in her heyday was half that of he current ships.  Who wants to spend 7-8 hours of a daytrip to Dublin on a ferry when they can get on a plane for an hour or just take the swift?
Not me!

Anyway, I believe this is the Irish Ferries fleet movements thread ;) :)
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

ferryfan

Innishmore due to stop over in Dublin Sunday night, probaly to pick up her crew and restock, will be a rare opportunity to see her and Stena Horizon in Dublin

SEA

yes Inishmore in Dublin as of this morning on the swift Berth, not there to store up, NO berths available in Rosslare

ferryfan

Not sure of the reason but it was a planned stopover, meanwhile weather havoc again Horizon stuck in Holyhead, Adventurer still in Dublin, Stena Lagan and Mersey still at their berths, OW going nowhere and the Swift is still at Camell Laird. A day for dry land for sure.

Normandy

Yes looks like Ulysses and Stena Europe  are keeping things moving.

NathanBrady

Quote from: ferryfan on February 01, 2016, 11:42:42 AM
Not sure of the reason but it was a planned stopover, meanwhile weather havoc again Horizon stuck in Holyhead, Adventurer still in Dublin, Stena Lagan and Mersey still at their berths, OW going nowhere and the Swift is still at Camell Laird. A day for dry land for sure.

Stena Lagan and Stena Mersey layover during the day on a Monday.  This has always been the case!!!

conor

The OW is currently moored in Rosslare. Any ideas when she is going for her refit and if the epsilon is going for a refit?

giftgrub

Oscar Wilde due in Falmouth soon, Stena Europe is due in after Oscar so better be on the way asap.

conor

I just looked at Falmouth arrivals and it says OW is due in tomorrow at 10:00 so she should be leaving rosslare soon.

NathanBrady

Heard Epsilon got a ding.  Anyone heard anything?

loughro

Oscar Wilde's dry docking has been rescheduled. Due to all the delays with Ulysses and Inishmore she has missed her slot in Falmouth. She is now going to go to H&W in Belfast where she is due to arrive tomorrow morning at 0800.

Steven

Quote from: Irish Sea on February 04, 2016, 06:05:57 PM
Oscar Wilde's dry docking has been rescheduled. Due to all the delays with Ulysses and Inishmore she has missed her slot in Falmouth. She is now going to go to H&W in Belfast where she is due to arrive tomorrow morning at 0800.
Just seen this on the harbour booking site.  Pleasant surprise!
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

conor

Hi,
Yes the OW is going to H&W. The swift was running today and was on time. Any ideas if and when the epsilon will be in dry dock and where.