Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughro

Ulysses is doing an MES (Marine Evacuation System) drill tomorrow, hence the planned cancellation. She will actually be doing the drill on the Stena Adventurers berth and shift on the the Stena berth after the departure of the Stena Adventurer tomorrow morning.

I think the Swift will do her MES drill on Wednesday this week too, as she is not planned to sail on Wednesday.

ferryfan

Epsilon is making a rare Monday 1410 crossing to Holyhead as a replacement service for the cancelled 0805.

loch garman

Looked like fun today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

https://www.facebook.com/martin.howell.902

Irish Ferries = Bonkers!!

giftgrub

Today would have preferred the hotel in Fishguard than that sailing, would not have enjoyed that too much !

20knots

QuoteStatus Update for Rosslare / Pembroke route

17th November at 21.50 hours.

Due to current adverse weather conditions at sea, sailings on this route have been disrupted.

The MV isle of Inishmore arrived in Rosslare this evening at 21.45 hours.

The 20.45 hours sailing from Rosslare is currently expected to sail at approximately 01.00 hours.

Latest check-in time is 22.30 hours.

The following sailings have been cancelled:-

Rosslare/Pembroke Wednesday 18th November at 08.45 hours &
Pembroke/Rosslare Wednesday 18th November at 14.45 hours.

Irish Ferries apologise for any inconvenience caused by these delays due to circumstances beyond our control.

For further information please contact Irish Ferries as follows:-

Pembroke Port Office 08717 300 500
Calls cost 13p per minute plus network extras

UK Central Reservations Office 08717 300 400
Calls cost 13p per minute plus network extras

Irish Central Reservations Office 0818 300 400

Rosslare Port Office 053 9133158

loch garman

wonder why they cancelled tomorrows  14:45 pembroke to rosslare sailing? ::)

Did the captain get a knock on the head today or what?  :'(

dan1985

Needs cancelling to catch up on time as the 20:45 departing Rosslare this evening now departing  at 1am so will arrive Pembroke 5am possibly later. It would never be in port in time to operate the 08:45 as will arrive in Rosslare early afternoon.

ferryfan

IF have still not released their sailing schedule for 2016. Does anyone have any idea of why there is such a delay. They have to be loosing thousands in bookings every day to Stena.

cullyburn

The French schedule is on their website and confirms the last French sailing for Epsilon is confirmed as Dublin / Cherbourg @15.30 Saturday 5th November returning from Cherbourg at 12.00 Sunday 6th

ferryfan

The schedule I was referring to was for the Irish Sea services.

ferryfan

I see the new look site up and 2016 sailings but am at a loss to understand, when there are no changes to sailing times, why it has not been possible to make an Irish Sea booking until now?
If you visit the site and give your feed back via the red tab on the far right you will be given a 10% discount code.

TC

New site looks great. Superb to be honest, and the return of the traditional Irish Ferries logo looks great. I never liked the IrishFerries.com looked very cheap, and nasty. Unfortunately P&O have mutilated the house flag, and 'P&O' typeset. Nice to be different, but I don't think it works. 

Steam Packet

Unfortunately Irish Ferries new site is fraudulently claiming Jonathan Swift is the only Fast Craft on the Irish Sea.

Maybe at the moment, but from March 2016 Manannan will be back in service.

Steven

Quote from: Steam Packet on November 20, 2015, 01:36:35 AM
Unfortunately Irish Ferries new site is fraudulently claiming Jonathan Swift is the only Fast Craft on the Irish Sea.

They've been peddling that line for a while.  The ICG website still reckons Ulysses is the worlds largest car ferry as well funnily enough, because we all know passengers care about the size of vehicle decks more than anything else ::) ;).  However, the current wording I see is:
Quote"Jonathan Swift" is the only Fast Ferry on the Irish Sea route taking you across in just 1 hour 49 mins!
which isn't quite the same.  However, I did see adverts online before without the word route in them.

As for the website, I don't think it looks any better or worse than the old one.  Nice to see they have removed the rather confusing dropbox options for different car sizes.  I also prefer the proper logo myself.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

TC

Quote from: Steam Packet on November 20, 2015, 01:36:35 AM

That struck me aswell. To be honest I have never been a fan of the Swift, there always seemed way too much brass, when you look at the Stena Explorers interior, and even the P&O Express, she looks quite dated. However the lounge on Oscar Wilde is the limit! That 1980s turquoise pink, its like something off Dallas. However its a lot more comfortable than Stena Superfast X, my god they are so hard and small. I'm a slim person and I was even taken back by the very firm nature of the seats.