Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Epsilon is currently enroute back from Falmouth at an impressive speed of in excess of 26kts if ais is to be believed.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Epsilon lease appears to have been extended with sailings now showing to France and Holyhead up to 16th December 2016 as far as the Irish Ferries Timetable goes.

Steven

Possibly, though there should be an investor announcement to accompany any extension.  Could also be that they are testing demand as well of course.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

IFPete

Could be a lease extention or purchase.

ferryfan

Epsilon out of action technical issues all sailings upto and including Friday are cancelled.

RorieLen

I did read online this morning that Epsilon's charter to Irish Ferries has been extended by 24 months. Surprised nobody on here had picked this up.

ferryfan

can you provide a link to the article about Epsilon charter extension please.

ferryfan

Quote from: RorieLen on May 20, 2016, 04:10:45 PM
I hope this link works:

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5da582e7a43569a70ffcb0663/files/fixrep1604.pdf
Thanks and well spotted the only thing I had come across was a report from Goodbody stockbrokers which had suggesssted that the cost of a new build could be recovered (at current trading volumes) in 2-3 years so that would of seemed to be the obvious choice.
In any case they seem to be keeping the charter extension fairly quiet with no announcement to the press or travel trade.
https://www.goodbody.ie/pdf/Morning_Wrap_29_Apr_2016.pdf

ferryfan

Epsilon has been out of action for days now and this afternoon she moved off berth and has been at anchor just off Dun Laoghaire (quadrant 1) all day. Has any member got any idea whats up with her?

DublinPeter

Quote from: ferryfan on May 21, 2016, 10:34:12 PM
Epsilon has been out of action for days now and this afternoon she moved off berth and has been at anchor just off Dun Laoghaire (quadrant 1) all day. Has any member got any idea whats up with her?

Apologies in advance for me butchering the language of engineering but apparently it's a piece of kit that thins fuel that has packed up and there isn't one on shelf in Halfords :) New one will take weeks to arrive so they're doing their best to repair the current unit to get her back sailing until the new one arrives. 

Pete

ferryfan

ferryfan

Epsilon sailings now cancelled up to Friday.

SEA

Epsilon back on the run friday taking up her scheduled  afternoon sailing from Dublin to Holyhead. one wonders did Irish ferries pay cartour for her charter while the ship was out of action.