Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chernel

Yes, I've called them today morning to get some info, but automatic answer only...
I also checked the IF site, it shows that OW return back from 11th.
Hopefully she will be fine by 18th :-)

ac_freeman

Oscar Wilde due to come out of dry dock at 16:00 this afternoon.

Chernel

COOL  :D
This gonna be our 6th travelling onboard OW, I love this ship, really comfortable and smooth crossing.
Thanks the info guys,
Best.
Tom

giftgrub

Oscar Is out of Falmouth and expected in Rosslare at 7am Friday

ferryfan

Has anyone got any real information as to exactly what caused OW to dry dock?

ac_freeman

Isle of Innishmore heavily delayed today due to "extraordinary circumstances" according to IF site....anybody know what these "extraordinary circumstances are? As far as I can tell the bad weather cleared away quite quickly yesterday.

dan1985

Quite possibly very busy with Passenger and freight as she has had the Southern corridor to herself for the last month Stena are renting space currently on the route as Fishguard is closed with the Europe's dry docking which had been further delayed.  Stena unlike Irish Ferries dont cover the route very often during dry docking with their own vessel so the traffic on the route moves to the Inishmore.

Cillian

Ulysses is also running about 90 mins late this morning

ac_freeman

Thanks - most likely the case, actually I misread the timings and thought that she was running 4 hours late...but actually just over an hour.

Steven

Quote from: dan1985 on March 11, 2016, 10:12:07 AM
Quite possibly very busy with Passenger and freight as she has had the Southern corridor to herself for the last month Stena are renting space currently on the route as Fishguard is closed with the Europe's dry docking which had been further delayed.  Stena unlike Irish Ferries dont cover the route very often during dry docking with their own vessel so the traffic on the route moves to the Inishmore.
To be fair, I find this doubtful.  Stena don't block book that much space to be honest, and its not THAT busy a route (particularly at this time of year) in any case.
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

Ballyroon

Crossed over on the afternoon sailing from Pembroke last Thursday afternoon and actually the sailing was very busy with both cars and freight.

dan1985

Went on Inishmore during last years dry dock & my sailing was delayed  Captain Burns apologised due to heavy loads of freight because only one vessel on the south Wales route with Stena Europe in dry dock. Its certainly not a dead route with both combined this time of year. Pembroke is the busier freight route more geared towards it & has major work like Nolan New Ross & is covered all year round by IF with Oscar when Inishmore is away carrying out Holyhead duties or dry dock. Was great to see Inishmore remain at Rosslare busy Christmas period rather than at Dublin ensured reliability.

Stena are still open for bookings selling the route just not using their own vessel if you book on Stena website currently you book automatically onto the Pembroke route with March kicking in things are picking up. Europe now not due back to Tuesday over a month been away by then. 

Normally myself I use the Inishmore as is a different class better ship but will certainly be trying Europe on my next trip over to see what they done to the old girl as Stena are very clever with their refits. Think this refit tho last time Stena can refit Europe they will have to make some decisions or maybe have into future of the route which certainly needs an upgrade.

ac_freeman

Perhaps Isle of Innishmore has just been going through a bad few weeks but I have been keeping an eye on her timekeeping recently as I have booked on a 14:45 sailing from Pembroke to connect with an Oscar Wilde sailing to Cherbourg ( 3rd attempt...1st attempt was scuppered by Oscar Wilde's late return from dry dock, 2nd attempt was scuppered by the bad weather a couple of weeks ago...so I'm hoping for 3rd time lucky on April 6th ) - I originally thought that with an arrival into Rosslare of 18:46 and a departure to Cherbourg same evening at 21:30 connecting would be a doddle....but having seen the almost constant late running of Isle Of Innishmore I'm no longer so confident..........is she normally a good timekeeper? Certainly there does not seem to be much left in the tank to make up lost time when she is running late., difficult to make up time on a short crossing I know.

giftgrub

Quote from: ferryfan on March 10, 2016, 10:06:45 PM
Has anyone got any real information as to exactly what caused OW to dry dock?

Damaged Rudder on Oscar Wilde was the cause of the Falmouth Dry Dock according to this report

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/in_port/14335343.Irish_ferry_Oscar_Wilde_makes_unscheduled_stop_for_emergency_repairs/

ferryfan

Now showing as "Cruise Olbia" on AIS with couse set in for Yalova, Turkey, which is where HSS Explorer (One World Karadeniz) is moored.