Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: Davy Jones on January 10, 2016, 05:11:31 PM
Mmm, Wonder what Nordica would look like in IF Colours?

(Not that I'm really being serious, but could it be a possibility)?
Anything is possible with photoshop ;D
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

dan1985

You should be ok if you chance trip as Ulysses seems to been delayed again. Inishmore looks to operate both the 08:05 Dub to Hol switchover not going to take place in Holyhead now it will take place in the evening in Dublin if all goes to plan so Inishmore will operate the 14:10 Holyhead to Dublin as well now. Hopefully I will get back on her when she comes back from refit on her Pembroke run.

ferryfan

Not movements you will see every day,Swift making her way to Cammell Laird Birkenhead for her annual service ( Manannan currently receiving her Winter overhaul there), Ulysses is sailing at a leisurely 16 knots, up along the Wexford coastline eta in Dublin is 14.00, Inishmore is taking the 14.10 ex Holyhead will then head off to join Swift in Birkenhead and Epsilon is due to deaprt to Rosslare shortly.

market knowledge

the amount of unaccompagnied freight seems to be growing significantly at Holyhead
is there now a market for ro/ro  ship that can take 12 driver accopagnied
is that the next step for somebody

Steven

Quote from: market knowledge on January 23, 2016, 07:41:24 PM
the amount of unaccompagnied freight seems to be growing significantly at Holyhead
I'd say definitely.

IFPete

Thats likely to be a consequence of Epsilons freight capacity.

While Stena brought in Superfast X they did not increase freight capacity, in fact they lowered it slightly.

TC

I cant see Superfast X staying forever on the route. Another Stena Adventurer would be a better option. I wonder how realistically Stena or Irish Ferries add a third ro-pax. Berthing and turnarounds may cause issues. 

Andrew White

Surely with no HSS and free berth now their could be modifications made in Holyhead to utilise and have a new berth for freight ship.  I'm sure Dublin could do the same.

TC

I heard the inner harbour has its issues. A vessel like European Endeavour would have issues I believe.

IFPete

I understand there are plans to build a byepass road u to Salt Island to byepass the railway bridge. It is possible the old ferry terminal where St Columba and Leinster and Connacht used to dock will be domolished and the road will go under the railway bridge.

There is always room to place a berth at T4 like the Isle of Innisfree (Stena Nautica) used to use.

I believe that as soon as Irish Ferries reveal their plans for the future there will be no need for an extra vessel on Dublin Holyhead route,

Collision-course

Oscar Wilde 2045 from Rosslare and 0245 from Pembroke are cancelled tonight , dont suppose anyone knows why? (have to make an emergency trip to UK tonight and am hoping its not weather related as am booking with Stena)

IFPete

HSS

Quote from: TC on January 24, 2016, 05:26:18 PM
I cant see Superfast X staying forever on the route. Another Stena Adventurer would be a better option. I wonder how realistically Stena or Irish Ferries add a third ro-pax. Berthing and turnarounds may cause issues.
Stena Scandinavica?

HSS

Maybe Stena Nordica....

Steven

Quote from: HSS on January 25, 2016, 08:38:15 PM
Maybe Stena Nordica....
Possibly, but i'd suggest a more efficient 12 driver freighter such as those operated by Seatruck is more likely.  If nothing else, it would clear space on the decks for accompanied traffic on the main ships which leave when drivers/hauliers need.