Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Rosslare – Pembroke
Quote"Due to adverse weather conditions at sea, sailings on this route have been disrupted.

The MV Isle of Inishmore is expected to arrive in Rosslare tonight at 22.00 hours.

Tonight's 20.45 hours sailing from Rosslare is expected to sail at approximately 23.45 hours."
Tomorrow's (Saturday) 08:45 and 14:45 Rosslare to Pembroke sailings have been cancelled.
All Dublin Swift sailings on Friday and Saturday have also been cancelled.
http://wp.me/p4mKUi-qK
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

20knots

It appears this afternoon's sailing from Pembroke Dock sailed a little north before entering Europort.

QuoteStatus Update for Rosslare / Pembroke route

4th December at 22.30 hours.

Due to adverse weather conditions at sea, sailings on this route have been disrupted.

The MV Isle of Inishmore arrived in Rosslare tonight at 22.30 hours.

Tonight's 20.45 hours sailing from Rosslare is expected to sail at approximately 00.30 hours.

Check-in time is 22.45 hours.

Due to adverse weather, the following sailings have been cancelled:-

Rosslare to Pembroke Saturday December 5th at 08.45 hours

Pembroke to Rosslare Saturday December 6th at 14.45 hours.

Steven

Irish Ferries 01:15 from Dublin to Holyhead has been delayed, whilst all sailings between Rosslare and Pembroke on Saturday are either cancelled or in doubt. 

EDIT:  Just noticed Ulysses is still on the berth at Holyhead (@ 03:23), having missed the 02:40 departure time - nothing on the IF website yet.  Epsilon left Dublin just before 3am.

lynx1

bit windy for the Inishmore this morning

Steven

All swift sailings today and tomorrow cancelled.  All further sailings between Pembroke and Rosslare also cancelled - IoI is enroute to Rosslare having left Pembroke at 09:20 (the 02:45 sailing).

giftgrub

Isle of Inishmore sailing past St Ann's this morning

Posted on Facebook and taken by Alex Brown

https://youtu.be/SU7G11PeQAw

20knots

Really enjoyed that video - it captures St.George's Channel/the South Irish Sea in her winter glory!

The Isle of Inishmore is off Tuskar now (16.30 hrs Sat 05 Dec 2015).

She sailed well north perpendicular to the welsh coast earlier before turning and making a beeline for Rosslare.

I daresay the passengers will be glad to reach Rosslare.

Normal sailings to both Pembroke Dock and Fishguard will hopefully resume in the morning with the 08.45 & 09.00 ex Rosslare.

Quote5th December at 16.15 hours.

Due to adverse weather conditions at sea, sailings on this route have been disrupted.

The MV Isle of Inishmore sailed from Pembroke at 09.20hrs and is expected to arrive in Rosslare at 17.15 hours approx.

Due to adverse weather, the following sailings have been cancelled:-

Rosslare to Pembroke Saturday December 5th at 08.45 hours

Pembroke to Rosslare Saturday December 5th at 14.45 hours.

Rosslare to Pembroke Saturday December 5th at 20.45 hours

Pembroke to Rosslare Sunday December 6th at 02.45 hours.

Irish Ferries regret any inconvenience caused.

ferryfan

Epsilon is just approaching Holyhead from a southerly direction?

Steven

Swift cancelled tomorrow morning, as is Epsilon's weekend trip to France and back.  IF website saying Inishmore expected to sail the 08:45 tomorrow morning, with Swift staring back on the 14:30 ex Dublin.

Steven

Ulysses 20:55 ex Dublin on IF's site as delayed.  As I type (04:00 the next day) she is just arriving in Holyhead, having left Dublin  just before 1am.  Wind speed 44kts in Holyhead at present according to marine traffic.  Epsilon has just left Holyhead, I assume taking up some of the slack given she isn't sailin to France this weekend.

ferryfan

Oscar Wilde due in Dublin 0905 on Saturday morning, making a 14.15 crossing.With all the recent storms cancellations etc she will be providing much needed extra capacity especially if Swift continues to experience weather realted cancellation.
Epsilon is listed as making a 17:00 crossing ex Dublin on the 21st and 22nd returning ex Holyhead at 23.30.

ferryfan

Great photo opportunity for anyone in and around Dublin Port this morning OW, Swift and Epsilon all currently moored in Dublin. (11:45)

ferryfan

The bad weather still playing havoc with IF schedules. Swift has hardly crossed the Irish Sea in December, I am surprised at the number of cancelled crossings which OW was due to make while at thesame time Stena seem to be maintaining a full service.
Merry Xmas everyone!

IFPete

I suspect that there were almost no passengers or cars booking the 0155 AM sailing out of Dublin hence the cancellation if the weather is questionable. Loads out of Dublin are poor with most of the traffic coming from UK.

Oscar Wildes Dublin - Holyhead crossing 0155 AM was cancelled for passengers this morning , however it departed to Holyhead at 0225 AM as a Ghost ship i assume with a load of freight and arrived in Holyhead at 0523 AM.

It left Holyhead at 1120 AM with a full load of passengers and cars from 0800 and 1139 AM sailings.

I would not be surprised to see it depart Holyhead tomorrow morning at 1100 AM following a Ghost sailing from Dublin in the early hours unless Irish Ferries are confident the Ulysses can handle all the remaining Christmas Traffic.

The Epsilon is there as a back up if required.

IFPete

Epsilon is Ancored off Dun Laoire since 0420 AM this morning,

Most of the berths in Dublin being full,