Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IFPete

Half Year results 14th July, Maybe Greek Crisis will have deepened before then.

In any case it is unlikely anything is going to happen before the end of the summer,

ICL Group might yet decide to extend the charter on the Epsilon.

Fast Ferry Fan

Quote from: Steven on May 14, 2015, 08:13:18 PM

QuoteReleased : 14 May 2015

INTERIM MANAGEMENT STATEMENT

Volumes (Year to date, 9 May 2015)

Change
Passengers   418,600   +3%
Cars   94,800   +8%

I wonder how much of the uplift was as a direct result of the withdrawal of the Explorer and passengers transferring to the Swift over the 6 weeks the Explorer would normally have been in operation since the end of March?

IFPete

Passenger increase only 3 %, not that significant, Stena Explorer market share was not that high in recent years due to single rotation per day eliminating opportunity for day trippers to Dun Laoire.

Stena explorer

140,000 odd passangers went through  Dun laoghaire  in the season to 8th sept 2014' . I doubt very much that Stena will be able to hold on to all of them  and no doubt a certain % of those people will move to Irish ferries , so deffo Irish ferries numbers, will be up a nice bit this season ,along with the improving economy, it could give Irish ferries a very nice increase in the car and passangers market this year.

PaddyL

Any news on when Oscar Wilde will be replaced, travelled on her last summer and thought she was getting really tired.

Her cabins are a bit grubby with rusty fittings etc.

KieranR

I was on Oscar Wilde last year and I thought the same. The cabins are very dated. The Pont Aven offers significantly better facilities for reasonable prices.

cosseric.coss

Anyone know why Irish Ferries Irish Sea ships are always registered on one place and the Continental ship in another?
E.g. Ulysses, IOI, Swift - Cyprus and Oscar Wilde - Bahamas

Stena explorer

I wouldn't  be suprised if it's something to do with tax exemptions

bfm003

OW was Bahamas flag when she was with Color Line, it was just never changed when she joined Irish Ferries.

SEA

It's hard to believe the  Epsilons time on the Irish sea is near the end, her two year charter is up in December. Still no news on a replacement ...?

FerryMan

Quote from: MAKman on June 02, 2015, 07:08:22 PM
OW was Bahamas flag when she was with Color Line, it was just never changed when she joined Irish Ferries.

Was she not change to a Bahamas flag in 2007 when she was on her year charter to Color Lines from ICL & then arrived on the route in 2008 with the flag in place. Normandy also had a Bahamas flag.
Ferry Master

PaddyL

Quote from: SEA on June 04, 2015, 05:18:49 AM
It's hard to believe the  Epsilons time on the Irish sea is near the end, her two year charter is up in December. Still no news on a replacement ...?

Is she definitely going?

ferryfan

PaddyL

Quote from: ferryfan on June 04, 2015, 01:41:10 PM
Wasn't it a 3 year charter?

I'm not sure I ever read anything official saying how long her charter was.

Kieran

Quote from: Oscar Wilde on June 02, 2015, 02:43:41 PM
Anyone know why Irish Ferries Irish Sea ships are always registered on one place and the Continental ship in another?
E.g. Ulysses, IOI, Swift - Cyprus and Oscar Wilde - Bahamas

The flagging is confusing to say the least. The Normandy was put on the Bahamas register, when ICG when to change the flag of other ships, the Department of either Transport/Marine went to block the move, so they had to be flagged in a European country (otherwise the European commission could take action on EU trade grounds), however ICG had to prove they had business there.

It might be worth mentioning also, Ireland is considered a flag of convenience too. Massive tax breaks when ships fly the tricolour (something ICG campaigned for!).