Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven

Quote from: Steven on May 17, 2014, 11:08:08 PM
Quote from: Steven on May 17, 2014, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: mightymax23 on May 16, 2014, 04:09:47 PM
Epsilon is showing as cancelled from Dub tomorrow due to technical reasons? anybody know what is happening?
Yes.....
Since nobody is gonna bite

I have heard she made contact with the berth on Thursday night/Friday morning and may have been holed, but can't confirm that last bit (its a bit hard to see from Belfast ;) ).  She has been tied up opposite the berths and off service ever since to my knowledge.
Epsilon appears to have moved in the past few days, but only across the river.  The following is posted on the IF service update page:

QuoteRe Tuesday 20th May

Irish Ferries regret to advise that due to technical reasons our MV Epsilon departure from Dublin to Holyhead 20th May @ 0155hrs has been cancelled.

All passengers with valid tickets will be moved to our Cruise sailings departing as follows

Dublin / Holyhead 2055hrs
Dublin / Holyhead 0805hrs
Steve in Belfast (suburbia)

Flickr: www.flickr.com/tarbyonline

mightymax23

Thanks for the info Steve! Any idea if she will need dry docking or will be back in service soon?

FerryMan

Quote from: mightymax23 on May 20, 2014, 06:57:29 AM
Thanks for the info Steve! Any idea if she will need dry docking or will be back in service soon?

From what I hear she will not need dry docking. She is due to enter service Tuesday at 14.15 ex Dublin, if all goes to plan.
Ferry Master

Steven

Quote from: FerryMan on May 20, 2014, 09:33:49 AM
Quote from: mightymax23 on May 20, 2014, 06:57:29 AM

From what I hear she will not need dry docking. She is due to enter service Tuesday at 14.15 ex Dublin, if all goes to plan.
Good to hear!

gerrym

Noticed Ulysses docked in Berth 52 (Ro-Ro 7), alongside Seatruck Precision (?) yesterday 26th May. Thought this was unusual, have never seen Ulysses on this berth?  Anyone any idea why this was?

bfm003

Dublin port want to do some work on the link span on her normal berth which will take about a day. So Ulysses will possibly use the other berth while the work is carried out. Last night was a test to see how she fitted on the berth.

HSS

Just missed that, I was on the 15.10 Nordica out of Dublin, any photos?

HSS

Quote from: gezdub on May 27, 2014, 10:17:44 AM
Noticed Ulysses docked in Berth 52 (Ro-Ro 7), alongside Seatruck Precision (?) yesterday 26th May. Thought this was unusual, have never seen Ulysses on this berth?  Anyone any idea why this was?

Photo at
http://www.irishships.com/images/Photo%20Album/Robbie%20Cox/Ferries/2014/Ulysses%20&%20Seatruck%20Progress%2026-5-14.JPG

mightymax23

Epsilon stopped off in Rosslare today? Anybody got an idea why she did not complete the run to Dublin?

DublinPeter

She's dropping off Trade Cars from France Mightmax.  Has done it a few times now - good to see her kept busy!

Pete

mightymax23

Cheers for that Pete, just it said on the IF website that she was due into Dub on schedule.

Davy Jones

She actually went to Dublin first, then back down to Rosslare - as shown on AIS.

Steven

Quote from: Davy Jones on June 23, 2014, 09:15:27 PM
She actually went to Dublin first, then back down to Rosslare - as shown on AIS.
Makes sense.  Less likely hood of the passengers going WTF!

Davy Jones

....or disembarking in Rosslare, thinking they were in Dublin.  :D

Steven

Quote from: Davy Jones on June 24, 2014, 12:48:49 PM
....or disembarking in Rosslare, thinking they were in Dublin.  :D
And then going WTF as they see the ship sail away lol