Irish Ferries Fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosseric.coss

was the pride of bibalo ever painted in the irish ferries livery?

giftgrub

Quotewas the pride of bibalo ever painted in the irish ferries livery?

No, never sailed for Irish Ferries.

cosseric.coss

Quotewas the pride of bibalo ever painted in the irish ferries livery?

No, never sailed for Irish Ferries.

I see giftgrub, thanks

cosseric.coss

it is now 21:55 and the Oscar Wilde hasen't left rosslare, anyone know whats wrong?

giftgrub

Quotecartour epsilon has been renamed epsilon.

https://www.facebook.com/IrishFerriesOfficial/photos_stream

Think that image could be photoshopped and the ais is still Cartour Epsilon, if you look closely the mooring rope seems to be quite different and there is a blur where Cartour would be.

larry

i was looking at her just the other day and completely glanced over what name she was sporting but i think she may have been renamed

cosseric.coss

Has anyone on here got any pics of Oscar Wilde with her bow on berth at rosslare?

russellw

Hi

I hope this is in the correct section.

Does anyone know the operating limits for the fast craft? It was cancelled a fair bit in the run up to Christmas, but also the HSS was retimed on one day to avoid the worse of the weather, and cancelled on at least one other day.

Also, what about the Cartour Epsilon? What can she operate in as that too took a few cancellations just before Christmas?

I guess the Mighty Ulysses is pretty much unstoppable.

Thanks in advance

Russell

Davy Jones

Jonathan Swift is permitted to operate up to 3.5m I think - although it is IF's policy not to push her to the limits as there are easy alternatives for passengers. Stena Explorer's permit is restricted to 4m significant - whatever that means.

Not sure about the conventionals, although most of the trouble experienced in rough weather is more to do with berthing than the actual journey.

ScottMackey

Most conventional ships don't usually have operating restrictions mid-channel, unlike the fast craft which have a significant maximum wave height imposed. Rather, there are berthing parameters for all ships which often determine cancellations or not in heavy weather.

russellw

Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised the HSS can't go in tougher conditions though.

I love the pair of them, the Swift and the HSS

Russell

Davy Jones

loch garman

Has anybody else noticed how the Epsilon is now stopping off again at Rosslare on her return journey from Cherbourg?

I don't think IF intended to do this. I assume this is to flush out LD lines a bit especially with regard to freight? :o

cosseric.coss

QuoteHas anybody else noticed how the Epsilon is now stopping off again at Rosslare on her return journey from Cherbourg?

I don't think IF intended to do this. I assume this is to flush out LD lines a bit especially with regard to freight? :o

No, I have a friendd that works in Irish Ferries Freight and he said that there is a freight company in France that need cargo shipped to Rosslare, so the epsilon needs to stop at rosslare with this cargo and if you have a look at the irish ferries sailing updates link for the Ireland France route on www.irishferries.com/sailingupdates, you will see that the epsilon will last dock in rosslare from cherbourg on Sunday 16th February, 2014 because after this the oscr wilde will be back from drydock and she will then carry this companies cargo to Rosslare.