Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie74656

Explorer must have the best record of being on-time! How good is it to have the ability to increase speed from 20-40 knots to catch up any delay caused before?

Caoimhin_McGuinnes

Yeahh it seems to be doin in round 29/30 knots lately .. wonder why its not sticking to 25knots :O Boardness fighting the captain lol ?

warren12

Any sign of the Voyager leaving belfast yet for scrap?

Really will be an end of an era when she finally goes.

mrwt.nsf

Cue the word from the Lord :D.

pjamieson267

I don't think there's no news about Stena Voyager just yet? [smiley=undecided.gif]

mrwt.nsf

I'm sure Griftgrub said she'd been  sold to Stena Metal.

steven_shaw

QuoteAny sign of the Voyager leaving belfast yet for scrap?

Really will be an end of an era when she finally goes.

At least we can say we sailed on the greatest craft to sail on the north channel

Now we have to go back in time to pre-1996 to the old slow boats

Collision-course

I know its early morning but all Stena Line websites are offline , anyone know if its maintenance or something more serious?

larry

back now it seems, must have just been routine

giftgrub

The Stena Europe conducted an evening cruise along the Wexford coast this evening as docking was delayed due to high winds in Rosslare.

From Ferrycheck:

"Due to adverse weather conditions in Rosslare the Stena Europe has been unable to dock, it will dock at approx 21:30 and sail again for Fishguard @ 22:30. Stena Line apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Stena Line FERRYCHECK Rosslare . 00353 53 9161505 "

The Baltic sea based Watling Street is currently in drydock in Gdynia, one assumes getting a full repaint to Stena Line livery, it is being covered by the Finnarrow.

giftgrub

Stena Line's Swedish ships are starting their drydocking period. the Stena Saga is out of service for one week from April  7th- 13th.

The Stena Jutlandica from April 15-25th and Stena Danica from April 26th - May 5th.

The Stena Saga will have no cover provided while off service, the HSS Stena Carisma returns to service on April 17th to provide cover on the Gothenburg - Fredrickhsavn route.

Stena Line Freight have introduced a new brochure which includes details on the Stena Sea Line operation from Turkey.

http://www.sebroschyr.se/stenafreight/WebView/

Caoimhin_McGuinnes

I saw the Stena Voyager when i was coming off the Stena superfast 7 ! I was pretty shocked to see it there as i thought it had gone ?? Was in full livery too .. ! Maby stena have something up there sleeve there gona suprise us with ?? .. Will put pictures up later !

Robbie74656

how do you mean ' full livery"? she's always been like that right?
she's a lost cause, but I share your optimism haha.

would be nice to see the pic! :)

giftgrub

Yes, the Stena Voyager is in Belfast as it has not left yet, and does indeed remain in full Stena Line livery as it always has. 

The vessel is now owned by Stena Metall and the process of removing the Voyager to Sweden is underway with lots of issues to sort out for the tow. Its not as simple to tow a massive twin hulled vessel with no traditional bow mooring (Like the Pride of Dover) system so there may be some bracing added to the bow for the tow (or not) all depends on the experts opinion.

Most of the onboard furniture and equipment have been removed for use on other Irish sea vessels, a lot of technical equipment including the massive water jets have been removed  to keep as spare parts for the Explorer. There were also reports of the remaining fuel being removed late last week as the turbines will not run again while fitted in the Voyager.

Unfortunately there are no further plans for the Voyager it is going to be heading to a scrapyard within the next few weeks.

Plenty of images of the Voyager available here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottmackey/sets/72157633045950508/

Also image of the Watling Street in drydock in Gdynia from Marine Traffic.