Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallboatowner

And there you have it, straight into dry dock in Dunkirk.

ferryfan

Stena Adventurer leisurely making her way back heading to Holyhead from where she will resume service on the 1400 to Dublin tomorrow.

Davy Jones

Where next for Stena Nordica?

marsav68

Is Embla ahead of schedule? Just noticed is has appeared on radar this morning.

Chef

Under going sea trials at the moment in China , as scheduled .

ferryfan

Just back from my fist ferry crossing this year. I took Stena Estrid from Dublin and the ship is excellent and the crew were very professional especially in relation to covid guidelines,
I returned on Stena Adventurer and was surprised at how many changes have been made to her during her recent dry docking.
On deck 7 the Hygge Lounge is now located overlooking the bow (was previously a popular seating area) The cinema's have been relocated and a gaming machine area is now located in their place. The Met Grill on deck 7 has been replaced with the Barista Coffee shop. I think the children's play area has been closed due to restrictions
On deck 8 the Stena Plus lounge has been extended taking over the area vacated by the Barista Coffee shop. The Met Grill is now Taste and has all new seating and flooring.
On Deck 9 the cinema's have taken the space previously occupied by the Hygge Lounge. Cabin keys are now issued at check in instead of guest services and the keys are now disposable cardboard.
Again covid precautions are in place all over the ship with crew on both ships doing a great job explaining things to passengers and insisting on face coverings being worn. Perspex screens are in place at all counters and guest services.
Social distancing measures in place all over the ship with seating areas limited and blocked. Foot passengers numbers boarding by coach are also being limited to about 15 per coach.
A warning for people travelling by foot, Morton's are not operating any services to either Stena or Irish Ferries terminals and today there were no taxi's at the port.

20knots

Good to hear of all the precautions and safety measures in place. My last trip was aboard Estrid in March before things deteriorated - at that point there was a growing awareness of social distancing plus sanitiser on counters.

If anyone is making the journey on foot it may be of help to note that Dublin Bus route 53 - the public bus which terminates outside Irish Ferries Terminal 1 - is operating as normal. There is no official stop at Terminal 2 Stena Line (the stop pole seen across the yard from T2 is from years ago and is not served despite being in Dublin Bus yellow) but it's just a 7/8 minute walk to/from Terminal 1 with paths the whole way. Route 53 doesn't specifically connect with any ferry but having used it many times over the years I've seen fellow passengers going for Stena/IF/Steam Packet sailings on it.

The fare is e1.55 with a Leapcard.

ferryfan

Due to storm Stena Estrid and Adventurer have been swapped on timetable for today at least.

marsav68

Why would Adventurer be taking this route to the south? Weather related?

Kieran

Quote from: marsav68 on August 21, 2020, 10:34:45 AM
Why would Adventurer be taking this route to the south? Weather related?

At a guess, it's to make the trip a bit less rough (gale force winds on the Irish Sea at the moment from the south).

The insider

Yeah .. weather routing ...plus the fact her stabilizers are non existing at this time so another drydock this year looks very likely .  You heard it here first 👍

ferryfan

Quote from: The insider on August 21, 2020, 10:12:48 PM
Yeah .. weather routing ...plus the fact her stabilizers are non existing at this time so another drydock this year looks very likely .  You heard it here first 👍
I had thought it strange that port tug Shackleton was used to assist her berthing on a crossing I made a couple of weeks ago.

ferryfan

Stena Nordica making another appearance on Dublin - Holyhead from 14th September taking over from Estrid not quite sure where she's going.

Alan G

Quote from: ferryfan on September 03, 2020, 11:20:46 AM
Stena Nordica making another appearance on Dublin - Holyhead from 14th September taking over from Estrid not quite sure where she's going.

Deputising for the Superfasts on Cairnryan-Belfast while they drydock.