Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgf

Estrid back in action now just departed Holyhead for Dublin

Jamie1608

The stena lagen is still in Tuzla anchorage.

Any ideas on why it's not in the shipyard as it had a fuel bunker near it during the weekend

Niall

Stena Lagan now reflagged to the Bahamas

ferryfan

Stena Foreteller has sailed to Holyhead and is now anchored just outside the harbour (after spending weeks anchored off Balbriggan). NIferry site reporting that Stena Nordica on her way back to cover Estrid which appears to behaving some problems she has been using a tug to get berthed in Dublin the last few weeks.

Futureskipper

At this moment in typing Stena Nordica is still anchored of Rotterdam according to marine traffic.

jgf

According to the Stena Line live freight timetable Nordica is due to pick up service with the 0855 from Holyhead Sunday Morning, 3/5/20.

The article on NI Ferry also explains that Nordica has been on a UK Goverment DfT charter presumably a stand by  which explains why she has been hanging around Rotterdam so long since finishing in Rosslare last October. 

Futureskipper

Seen a thing there this morning saying that Stena Estrid is going to be laid up in Cairnryan for 6weeks

jgf

Stena Nordica on its way to Holyhead just passed the channel.

ferryfan

Quote from: Futureskipper on May 01, 2020, 04:19:01 PM
Seen a thing there this morning saying that Stena Estrid is going to be laid up in Cairnryan for 6weeks

She is leaving Holyhead now with Cairnryan as her destination I wonder why Cairnryan?

Stena Fergus

She can dock on the North side of the pier at Cairnryan and not get in the way of normal movements whilst under repair?

Futureskipper

Quote from: ferryfan on May 02, 2020, 11:11:14 AM
Quote from: Futureskipper on May 01, 2020, 04:19:01 PM

She is leaving Holyhead now with Cairnryan as her destination I wonder why Cairnryan?
They said that the engineers are up at Cairnryan, but it is a strange place, you would probably think that they would go to a shipyard

Davy Jones

Possibly Stena own the Quay so they won't need to pay 6 weeks worth of mooring charges?

Even at Holyhead if they laid her up at the Tinto Jetty I think theere would some fees, although I would have thought the old T4 may have been an option - unless its not long enough.

Niall

The linkspan at T4  was removed some years back afaik

Davy Jones

Yes, the linkspan was, but if they only need to tie her up - which they can only do at Cairnryan anyhow as there isn't a linkspan on the north side of the jetty anyway (according to Google Earth), surely that shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I would be interested to know what the issue is with her, and if it will affect Stena Edda as well?

Futureskipper

At this moment in typing, Stena Estrid is about to pass Crammag Head at 7.1knots and Stena Nordica is nearly in Holyhead