Stena Line fleet movements

Started by Collision-course, October 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meet the dockers

Quote from: ferryfan on March 14, 2020, 09:47:30 PM
Stena Lagan en route to Turkey for her stretching.

Interesting as she's still listed on the booking engine as the pairing to edda during the summer with Mersey the missing ship

boathansm

From Stena Line

Ex Stena Britannica

QuoteStena Line closes the Oslo-Frederikshavn route permanently
(Published 19 March)

Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel restrictions imposed by several countries, Stena Line has, like many other companies within the travel industry, seen a drastic decline in travel bookings. The effect has been the worst in Scandinavia and on Saturday, 14 March, Stena Line stopped operating the Oslo – Frederikshavn route until further notice. Today, Thursday 19 March the decision was made to permanently close the route after more than 40 years in operation.

The decision means Stena Line will close their office in Oslo which will affect 30 shore-based employees. The vessel Stena Saga is currently in lay up in its port of registry, Gothenburg.

IFPete

A Cheap pick up for Britiney or Irish Ferries. 

jgf

Hi Folks, I just wondering about the Stena Nordica she doesn't seem to have done much since she finished covering Rosslare Fishguard last October what Stena's plans for her?

Andrew White

She has been sitting in Europort Rotterdam since before Xmas, she was their when i travelled from Europort on P&O on Monday 2nd December 2019.

IFPete

Stena Europe has been off rosslare for 24 hours. Anyone know why she was unable to doc.

Kieran

Quote from: IFPete on March 29, 2020, 06:57:08 PM
Stena Europe has been off rosslare for 24 hours. Anyone know why she was unable to doc.

Sailing update says it's wind. 40km/h from the NNE by the looks of it.

anglesey_boy

Stena Line have laid off their zero-hour contact crew by terminating the contracts of employment. Once this madness is over they will have to re-apply for their posts afresh.
Stena Line seem to be taking major advantage of this situation sadly.

alfie79

]
A Cheap pick up for Britiney or Irish Ferries.

i would love to see her in IF colours but i cant see where they would have a use for her

ferryfan

Stena Estrid has gone technical and all today's crossings are cancelled. She is moored at the old Rio Tinto jetty at Holyhead.

Niall

IFPete

Made in China , Designed in Sweden, Looked after by Welsh , English and Irish.

Futureskipper

Stena Estrid is still out of service and moored at the same berth as yesterday, I wonder how long she is out for?

IFPete

Its not exactly busy. Perhaps they are installing windows.